Does your children do chores?

MY children are 2 1/2 and 1 1/2 there chores are to pick up all there toys and garbage on the floor. They like doing it and it is a good thing to start doing at a young age cause by the time there older they will know what to do and keep there living area clean..

Claudiomom

Asked by Claudiomom at 10:45 AM on Oct. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think thats fine mine have chores everyday they have to get them done before they are allowed to go outside or play there game
    lilmama29113

Answer by lilmama29113 at 10:49 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• my DD is 3. She has chores, has since she could walk. Started out as her picking up toys, now includees helping set the table, dusting (her choice), clearing the table, helping make her bed.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 10:51 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• My children have to clean their rooms and keep them clean, pick up after themselves thoughout the house, unload the dishwasher, set the table, and keep their bathroom cleaned and anything else that I may ask them to do, although those are the only set chores that they have right now. They are 7 and 9.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 10:54 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Just another work in progress around here, very frustrating.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:55 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• My children are young adults now but I did give them chores when they began moving around good. I think it is a good way to instore the value of responsibility and neat. Heck, my son cooks better then his girlfriend.
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 10:57 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• My daughter is 9 and she have to fold her laundry and organize the mess on her room. I do the rest. My son is 1 yr old and I don't think he can do chores. He make a mess pretty quiclky though.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 11:06 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• my kiddos have to keep there room clean and put away there own clothes and r really good about it.If i tell them to do something for me they will do it.We try to make it all work in a fun way!
    hiselbobbie1

Answer by hiselbobbie1 at 11:18 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Yep my kids have chores and are expected to help out around the house- when asked to do something.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 7:29 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Yes.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:01 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• yes you want your kids to pick up after them selves and good to start young....my kids have thing I expect them to do and are trained to do like putting your own dishes in the sink and rinsing, keeping your bathroom clean, doing your own laundry...this is for the older 3 and the younger one has to pick up his toys and put his dishes int he sink.
    The bigger chores are mine and because I am a sahm it is my job to do them...if I had them do it then what would I do?
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:30 AM on Oct. 10, 2010