California overestimates carbon emissions 340%

Link text us

Just incompetence?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 10:57 AM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Incompetence?
    "Changes due to the slump in the economy" ? Who do they think they're kidding.

It is a coercion agenda, straight up.

Many many crusaders get into these agencies because they subscribe a certain belief system. Its popularity was started by Rachel Carson's book Silent Spring, which turned out to be fraudulent (and led to the needless banning of DDT and the deaths of millions of children from malaria) ... and also spread by that other popular book about the Population Bomb - according to which the earth would by this date be either a dried-out husk, or a ball of wriggling, teeming humanity with all plants & animals crowded out of existence. Obviously, the theory was monumentally flawed, but that does not stop the blind believers from continuing to insist there is danger of overpopulation.

If we ACTUALLY followed un-distorted science, Africa would be much more advanced & we'd spend our efforts on improvement

waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 11:20 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Doesn't surprises me one bit. Basic Smileys

"No this has the appearance of outright fraud." A true statement by Madoff.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:22 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Anyone live in California? What do you think about the OVERESTIMATED pollution levels... 340%?

Closed question posted to this site yesterday-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:32 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Yes, grly posted this the other day, and the response from Cali residents was unanimously, they don't care, it's still the "best place to live" even with dense smog and pollution in some parts.

Whole different mindset out there! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:08 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Not surprised...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 12:27 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Didn't we already discuss this? oh well....I did live in CA for a while but the smog was so bad we moved back to MN. I don't care if thestudy was inaccurate, they DO NEED TO MAKE EFFORTS TO CUT DOWN ON POLLUTION,ANY WAY THEY CAN.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 5:47 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

BS. I said I do care about false information BUT living near LA I know there are areas where the smog is bad and we need to do something about it. Just because some areas have a lot of pollution doesn't mean all parts do. There are plenty of other positive things about Cali but some of y'all just hate us based on the media and second hand info w/o knowing squat about the reality here. Anything to bash a place most of you have never been cuz the far right media attacks. Lucky I don't base my opinions of red states on the liberal media and ASSume they are all inbred, ignorant hicks.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 7:26 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Lucky I don't base my opinions of red states on the liberal media and ASSume they are all inbred, ignorant hicks.

***

Unfortunately I have always lived in blue states..sigh. Why so much anger?! Maybe it's all of the earthquakes, mudslides, massive brush fires, the fact that your state is flat broke, exorbitantly high real estate costs and a housing market that has pretty much bottomed out, causing massive numbers of foreclosures and tent cities to pop up, along with high unemployment rates.  Sounds lovely. :o)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:55 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• No anger, just tired of my home being bashed by people who usually know nothing about it. I know we are in a bad place right now but that doesn't make the state and the residents crap.

I've lived in a red state, in the South and will take earthquakes over hurricanes or totonados any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 9:11 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• *tornado's

dee dee dee, my typing sucks.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 9:43 PM on Oct. 9, 2010