can u help....?

Can you help me....

i have read so many different thing on line and looked l at different ovulation charts, and keep getting told different things !

my last peiod was on the 7th oct my cycle is usualy around 28-29 days. Some chats said i was most likley to ovulate around the 18-20! my bf was due to go away on the 18th so we deed the deed on the 17th. My next period is due on in over a week and i keep getting what feels like faint period pains. Did the calander give me thing wrong days.

Im new at all this ovulation stuff lol : )

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:35 AM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• YOU CAN'T REALLY GO BY CHARTS TOO WEEL, YOU COULD OVULATE LATE OR EARLY. I RECOMMEND THE BOOK TAKING CHARGE OF YOUR FERTILITY - IT IS LIKE A BIBLE FOR THOSE TRYING TO CONCEIVE.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 8:06 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• It all depends on your luteal phase (the time between ovulation and your period starting), which can vary from 10 to 16 days. That puts you ovulating any time between Oct 18 and 25. Sperm can survive in there for 5 or 6 days, so you're covered as long as you ovulated by Wednesday or so, though of course the earlier the better. Assuming a "normal" 14 day luteal phase, you would have ovulated Oct 20 or 21, which would give you about as good a chance as you could get just having sex the one time. The best thing for you to do, though, is to start charting your cycle so you can get personal information and know for sure when you ovulate, how long your luteal phase is, etc. The book recommended above is great, as is www.fertilityfriend.com.

DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:40 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• You cycle can change, but if it's always been steady and is continuing to be so, you have about the same length as me and I started my last period on the 8th lol so we're pretty much in the same boat. I track my ovulation with CM and the at home ovulation tests, and my egg for the month (lol) was released around Thursday (the 22nd). You may ovulate at a different time than I do, but the only way to know for sure if you weren't too early with your baby dancin' is to take a test around the time your period is due. Good luck!
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 2:19 PM on Oct. 26, 2008