How do i tell my son i seen what he was looking at porn on the Ipod?

How do i approach him and tell him was i seen he was looking at porn when i went into the history of the ipod? i dont want to embarrass him in any way, He is 13 and does not have close relationship with his father. So how do i go about all of this PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Just take a calming and relaxing approach. Don't get hysterical and crazy. Just talk to him and tell him that it's okay to be curious about sex! And if he doesn't feel comfortable talking to you about it, then find an adult male you trust and that he trusts to talk to him.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 11:11 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Do you have a close male in the family? I would tell him honestly but that is just me.I know many people have a hard time with this stuff.Good luck!
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 11:12 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I agree with GinNtonic try not to make him feel bad about him you want him to be comfortable to talk to you
    lilmama29113

Answer by lilmama29113 at 11:12 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Instead of talking about that... why not talk about sex ed, relationships healthy verses unhealthy, responsible verses irresponsible?

once he gets older if he had a girlfriend you might mention how it would make YOU feel if your SO were dating you and looking at porn

everyone has a different opinion about is help him form his opinion
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 11:19 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Yea.. I'd let the porn go until it becomes a big issue. ie-spends way more time looking at porn then playing socializing with friends. What he needs is for you to start talking about sex with him. Protection, Stds, the good and bad that comes with sex.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 11:20 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I wouldn't say a thing. Just make sure its appropriate lol as porn can be yanno no animals and gangs of people, children .... Sit down and have the talk about safe sex, responsibility, and respect for women and sexting. If you tell him he may be mad you were goin through his shit, and not talk to you. But you as a parent have every right to go through it. And I wouldn't stop going through it. And don't forget to spray with lysol every so often. Lol
    stepho345

Answer by stepho345 at 11:21 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Who and why did someone vote my answer down?
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 11:22 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Why tell him you saw it? He is a young man and it was bound to happen. He's curious. Talk to him about sex in general instead of approaching him. If you approach him about the fact you saw that he was looking at porn then he will begin to hid things from you and you will never know what really important things you need to know in order to stop something a lot more serious later down the line if need be
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 11:24 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I don't think he's watching porn to gain an opinion of it right now. He's watching because he's curious and probably wants to have sex. The only people who have opinions about porn are the ones who don't get any.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Thank you all ladies for the opinions, I do have a male relative he is really close to my sisters husband kind of like a dad to him, i just didn't know if it would be to much to throw on to him by asking him to have a talk with him, but i'm going to ask. i think that would be better, i dont want him to hate me or feel any different around me! Forgot to mention it was my ipod he was on when looking at this stuff as well as when he would go over to my sister's place he would ask her for her ipod he would say he wanted to listen to music...and she had brought it to my attention first, then i checked mine and well there it was!
    Laldava

Answer by Laldava at 11:34 AM on Oct. 9, 2010