Did you lose your mucus plug? How long after did you go into labor? adult content

It's only marked as TMI in case a mucus plug is TMI to someone lol. I was at my doctors on Thursday and I'm 1cm dilated and 70% effaced and I'm pretty sure I lost or am losing my mucus plug since I've had some bloody mucus discharge for the past 24 hours or so. I know that the only thing it really means is that I'm progressing, I'm just curious to see how soon after losing your mucus plug you went into labor. :-)

MamaSarah1104

Asked by MamaSarah1104 at 11:24 AM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You mucus plug can regenerate itself. So no way of telling from that. I never noticed mine lost at all with my girls and so far nothing with this one either.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 11:29 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I honestly never knew when I lost it, or if I did. I have two boys and have yet to see one... With this one I've still got 10 or 12 weeks left and I've been loosing mucus slowly for the last month, so I think that just tends to be how I work...

That said, I've also never gone in to labor... When my water breaks, we induce.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:29 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• umm i think it took weeks after i kept losing mine, i thought it'd be in no time but i was in the same spot as you, but it still kept me waiting.....so it doesnt mean much but maybe you are different.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:31 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I lost mine 2 1/2 weeks before I had my daughter. GOOD LUCK!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 11:35 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I know some people who didn't have their babies until 2 or 4wks later. Good luck
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 11:35 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• A week or two..
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:56 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I started losing it around 28 or so weeks...it regenerates so it's not really an indication of labor :-/ I was induced with my baby at 37 weeks due to medical problems
    begamom

Answer by begamom at 12:48 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I lost mine during labour, noiced it when I went to pee between contractions!
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 3:14 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• With my current pregnancy, I lost it around 33 weeks while experiencing preterm labor. I am 37 weeks pregnant now.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 4:34 PM on Oct. 10, 2010