How do you go about getting a fathers name on the birthcertificate if he is out of state?

My friend is moving from Texas and leaving her bf behind. She's 8months pregnant and will have the baby here. The dad won't be here so how does she go about getting his name on the birth certificate?

reigndrops12689

Asked by reigndrops12689 at 11:25 AM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• She would have to find out what the state laws are in Texas.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:26 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• when i was in the hospital with my youngest they gave me a form to fill out with moms info and the fathers info, i just put his name on it and that was put on the birth certificate. normally they give folders to you with papers to sign but im not sure about how texas is.
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 11:30 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• She's giving birth in NJ. She's moving back here. I know in NJ if your not married they ask for ID at the father has to sign in front of hospital staff. Just wondering if there's any way around that.
    reigndrops12689

Comment by reigndrops12689 (original poster) at 11:34 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• She probably won't be able to unless the BF goes to the hospital.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 1:06 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Unless she has any plans on making him pay child support, if she's leaving him and not wanting him in her life, I would leave him off. I did that with the son I had in high school. I knew I didn't want to have anything to do with the father and didn't want him in my child's life, so when I filled out the b/c I left it blank and when I ended up putting him up for adoption (14 months later) I didn't have to notify the father or have his permission. That was in Louisiana and 28 years ago, so not sure what the different states do
    KimPippin

Answer by KimPippin at 1:59 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• She wants him to be there for his kids she's just done with him.
    reigndrops12689

Comment by reigndrops12689 (original poster) at 2:07 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Well then .. as far as I understand like in most states.......she will need him there to sign for the birth certificate or later on IF he will do it, come to the state she is in and ADD his name.

http://www.state.nj.us/health/vital/amend.shtml

LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 9:24 PM on Oct. 9, 2010