How do I make sure DD wipes?

Sometimes I'll be in the bathroom with her and I make sure she wipes but I know when she goes alone she doesn't. How do I make sure she wipes?

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 11:36 AM on Oct. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• tell her when she goes to the bathroom dont flush the toilet til you see if she's wiped or not... thats the only way i could think of..
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 11:38 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• How old is she? Mine is 2 and she wipes MOST of the time one of us always goes into the bathroom to help her wipe. Kids under the age of 5 usually need help (that's from personal experience and from the pediatrician, thank you) because they wipe wrong. Especially little girls. (back to front instead of front to back).
    The best thing to do is always always push it. You may need to help her with it for a couple of months. It takes time for children to learn a habit because they're kids. You know?
    Good luck!
    MayMommaToBe

Answer by MayMommaToBe at 11:40 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• get her cute wipes my daughter started loving to wipe even over wipe when i got her kandoo wipes for herself. she also has a kandoo holder for the wipes that hangs on the toilet roll holder.. used to shed yell for us to wipe her, she always wipes during pee but never poop then one day we noticed she stopped calling us and now she does everything on her own. but she just turned four so shes been training since 18 months and is now a big girl
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 1:07 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I knew when my oldest was wiping and I learned it the hard way. She was always picking at herself, come to find out those cute wipes I was getting her give 99% of girls infections or reactions. Since we trashed those things she hasn't had a problem.
    My 3 year old daughter NEVER wipes. I constantly have to track her down. But honestly I'm lucky if she keeps clothing on, so drip drying isn't really an issue! LOLOLOL
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 9:01 PM on Oct. 9, 2010