I am out of the loop with my friends because I have a new baby.. they have older children..I had a baby late in life (36) number 5, and my friends are always busy...anyone else in my shoes?

tattoomom3789

Asked by tattoomom3789 at 11:39 AM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• they should still be understanding as im sure u were when they had their children. True friends will always be supportive and will never make you feel out of the loop :)
    newmommyjazz

Answer by newmommyjazz at 11:40 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Yep, and I'm only 26. A lot of my friends don't have kids yet, and they're always working. You're not alone. :(
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:43 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• they want me to do things with them, which i would love to, but I cant they say to leave her with my oldest (15) daughter, but I am not ready to do that, even though i would love a night out with the hubby and friends..its just tough!
    tattoomom3789

Comment by tattoomom3789 (original poster) at 11:57 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Yes definately I am 44 and I have a 9 month old she is our first. Most of my friends are divorced grandparents and they are trying to re-live their youth. But I do try to stay in contact. with my really close friends. We sometimes have to make plans weeks or even a month in advance because people are so busy. Sometimes we will meet for breakfast or lunch and that can be just as fun as going out at night. Are you concerned that your 15 year old is not responsible enought to take care of your youngest or is there another reason you don't feel ready?
    cherylw993

Answer by cherylw993 at 12:30 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• no I'm not concerned, its just all the other kids in the house, they are wild when we leave ....I have left her with her for a run to the store a few times, my husband is more concerned...he doesnt want me to leave her with anyone! not even for US to go on a date, i really wouldnt mind her watching her, but he pretty much says no...so i'm outta luck.
    tattoomom3789

Comment by tattoomom3789 (original poster) at 5:20 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I'm 36 and just had my 5th too. I just tend to take her with me when my friends and I meet for lunch (I leave my 2 year old with my mom or MIL and my other 3 are in school). Or I have my husband keep her at night so I can go out with them. Since I had her 3 months ago, date nights with hubby are a little harder for now but occasionally my parents or inlaws will keep both my 2 year old and the little one so he and I can go out.

Answer by missanc at 5:40 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• everyone will keep the older kids, just not my youngest....the one I need a break from...hes going to have to let our daughter watch her so we can get out...I would love to go on a date with my husband!
    tattoomom3789

Comment by tattoomom3789 (original poster) at 11:13 PM on Oct. 9, 2010