Does anyone else become Resentful of hubby's or significant others when you have a newborn?

I have a three week old infant. I am breast feeding and not working. My SO stayed home for three weeks to help me after the baby was born. He still went to the gym everyday and even had a movie night with some friends, while I stay home.

Now he is back to work and is in a routine, while I am still just keeping my head above water. I am becomming increasingly resentful toward him. Is this common? Does anyone else have this problem or been through it?

1stimeMomover30

Asked by 1stimeMomover30 at 11:43 AM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I felt the same way with my DH. I hated how he was still able to go out and do things away from DS and yet i couldnt even go pee without him with me. Just take it one day at a time. Have a girls night out on the weekend at least once a month. And get someone to watch the little one so your and SO can have a date night to go see a movie or nice dinner. But you just have to get out of the house for at least an hour. If you dont you will feel awful. Good Luck hun and Congrats on your new little one =)
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:46 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• movie night with his friends??? that would not be happening unless i got that too.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:50 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I felt the same way when My DH went back o work. But the movie night thing?!?! I DONT THINK SO!!! good luck and it will get better!! My mom came by and we went to her house just for me to get out of mine for alittle bit. It helped and then I could get a nap here and there. Maybe you can try that. Good luk and congrats!!
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 12:41 PM on Oct. 9, 2010