My daughter and hairy problems.

So I have a 10 yrs old daughter, she is adorable (seriously) lol but really hairy. I let her shave her legs this year on February, she was 9. She have been shaving her armpits since she was 6 yrs old. Becasue wehn I say hairy I'm serious. So I let her shave her legs because when I was her age kids made fun of me because of my hairy legs. Apparently it wasn't enought for her because kids at school call her "hairy girl" all becausse she have a girl mustache and now she want me to put some nair so it can come off. Do I let her? I want too because I know how it feels but is it too much too soon or what?

sweetyazfl

Asked by sweetyazfl at 11:47 AM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Yeah, I would never let something so easily changed to alter how my child saw themselves or how they were treated... It's hair, it's not like she want's to get her eyeliner tattooed on... To be honest I would look in to facial wax though over a depilatory, just because it lasts longer and there is less chemicals.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:02 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I would let her, if she is as hairy as you say, she is probably really concious of how she looks to the other kids. Part of it is her age as well. This age is the worst for peer pressure and she just wants to fit in a little more.
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 11:52 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Im so sorry. Kids are so cruel. I would.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 11:59 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Try bleaching it first and see how it looks. I don't like nair- had to itch my head once and got a bald spot lol it bleaching doesn't look good then wax it good luck
    stepho345

Answer by stepho345 at 12:00 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Its crazy that kids are thinking about these things earlier and earlier....
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:00 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I would take her to the salon and have it bleached or even waxed instead of a depilatory, because that can be really bad for her tender face. But I would definitely let her find a way to get rid of this hair so that she doesn't have to deal with the bullying. Like Sabrina said, it's not like she wants tattooed eyebrows - it's a problem that causes her to be bullied and I would show support and love for her by helping her correct that problem.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 12:40 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Thank you ladies...!
    sweetyazfl

Comment by sweetyazfl (original poster) at 12:46 PM on Oct. 9, 2010