Why is it impossile to find a "plus size" halloween costume ??

I am usually a size 14-16 and the only costumes i have been able to find are either REALLY expensive or really ugly! I don't get to go out a lot cuz of dd but, this year she is getting watched overnight on the 29th and i am HAVING a costume party....so yeah if i don't find a costume i am going to be hosting a costume party, not wearing a costume....how lame is that???? I don't want something scary..I want to feel like a girl for the first time in forever!!! Something sexy but, NOT sluty? Any suggestions would be helpful...the cheaper the better. THANKS

momofone072506

Asked by momofone072506 at 11:53 AM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Have you tried Party City? Or found anything on the internet?
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 11:54 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Idk if where you live you have a TOrrid store near by. Yes, they are a little pricey but they are really cute.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 11:58 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• http://www.torrid.com/torrid/Collections/LookBook/Halloween.jsp
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 12:02 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Make your own. Be creative. I have always been creative just use your own clothing or try a thrift store. Society is just rude by seeing just smaller women i understand but you can be very creative. Buy a mask or makeup and a wig and dress yourself up like someone you like. Think about it you may never wear that costume again. I just make my own and run with it.
    apiegurl

Answer by apiegurl at 12:05 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• It's not as difficult as you think. There are many stores now that recognize the plus sized woman. One store, if you can't find one in your town you can order online, is called Spirits, They have some really amazing costumes that are not very expensive as well as clearance sections. Also you can try making something if you are into crafts and have some old clothes laying around.
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 12:06 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• buycostumes.com...I got a snow white costume I wore even while pregnant...it's very warm, though, and a little expensive, but holds up so well (I've had it for 4 years!)
    eirejade

Answer by eirejade at 12:09 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I've never had an issue finding them... Just go online.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:09 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• So a few yrs back I had this prob. Bought a mans arab costume on sale($8)it was white- ditched the belt and turban and got some fairy wings from a friend, bought some glitter, and hair bows, and did my own hair. Whole outfit. Cost 15 bucks. A year later I got a wig, and piece of fabric to sinch the waist up, wore the same 'dress' and was bride of frankenstein. Look for something versitile!
    stepho345

Answer by stepho345 at 12:13 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I agree that if you have the money there are many online that are cute but I have more fun taking the challenge to either make my own or find one in a thrift store. I saw some great ones the other day. If worst comes to worst, use a sheet and wrap it around you and be a Greecian goddess. You could find a cheap gold belt and jewelry to accent it if you don't already have them.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:16 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I appreciate the advice but dh won't buy things online unless it is a site that HE knows and trusts really well and also i am worried about buying something online and then it not fitting and not having time to get something new.
    momofone072506

Comment by momofone072506 (original poster) at 3:03 PM on Oct. 9, 2010