Do you think it's tacky to leave the price tag on a gift?

even if the person is too young to read the parents can, do you think it's tacky? I I do it's kinda like bragging about how much you spend on the gift. I dunno what do you think? and it's not for in case you want to return it because they have gift receipts for that

3kidsand2cats

Asked by 3kidsand2cats at 12:02 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Money & Work

• Yes that is tacky. If you are leaving the tag for a return you at least tear the part with the price on it. I understand when the gift is from someone like my grandma because she forgets a lot of stuff but to me its a slap in the face on how they can spend so much money and I cant spend that much.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:09 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• It's a gift. I would just be thankful for it no matter how much it costs.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 12:04 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Very tacky!! even if the recipient can't tell, parents can.

Answer by older at 12:03 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• No, I always hate when people remove the tags... What if I want to return it? What if I don't like it? What if the kids don't like it or it doesn't fit? I NEVER take the tags off because more and more places won't even take the stuff back if the actual dollar part of the tag is missing... I know with Macy's we were told if the entire tag wasn't there (even if the bar code was) we couldn't accept it... I would prefer to make sure they have the option of returning.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:05 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Yes, it's tacky. If it's a question of returnability the buyer can ask for a gift receipt.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 12:06 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• It depends I guess... if its for my kids it doesnt matter... if its a girft for a wedding or something yes I just get a gift receipt
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:12 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• i prefer price.. i dont like people spending to much, gifts arent that important to me or my kids we prefer the friendship and love. ya i sound crazy but its true.. also like clothes, i get so mad when people take the price off the tag because if its the wrong size most stores wont take it back or exchange since the tag is destroyed
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 12:20 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I've never given it any thought. If a person leaves the tag on, it does make it easier if you want to exchange the gift, but honestly, I would never thought anything about it either way.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:13 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• It sure makes it a lot easier to return or exchange the gift if you need to. Anyway I don't find it tacky- but then I haven't seen very many gifts in my day with a high price tag so to me it didn't feel like bragging- just that they were being considerate.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 5:09 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I always leave it on. B/c what if they want to return it. I have worked several retail jobs where we could not take returns unless the price tag was on it. :)
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:26 PM on Oct. 9, 2010