IF YOU CANT AFFORD A CARSEAT WHY WOULD YOU HAVE CHILDREN????? If not planned SEEK help to purchase a NEW ONE adult content

So many people buy USED carseats and its sooo unsafe--- ITS BEEN PROVEN!
There is help through hospitals, firestations, local HELP*ME*GROW (if you have one in your county)
CARSEATS EXPIRE EVERY 5 YEARS ---- if you have an older child and still have their carseat CHECK THE DATE!
Just sayin people!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• Shouldn't they then not sell used car seats?
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 12:06 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• So if we can't afford college should we not have children either?
    Anonymous

• What does college have to do with it?
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 12:07 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• As long as you check to make sure they are up with the current safety I dont see a problem with getting a used carseat if you cant affort a new one. People get a lot of stuff used....should people not get used cars because they are out of date? Same thing safety standards have changed with those to...Your child dosnt have to have everything new.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:07 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Of all the things to worry about - this isn't one I've ever seen a need in. When we were kids, Carseats weren't even expected... I never used a new carseat. There is no law that requires it and "PROOF" is subjective. It's not about being able to afford them or not, it's about simply not seeing the need to go out and spend that kind of money on something when you don't have to... Second hand carseats DO work just as well... And the expiration dates are simply a gimmick to make more money - it always amazes me how many people just refuse to see that...
    Anonymous

• I agree that they shouldn't sell used car seats. There should be a law against it for safety reasons

Answer by admckenzie at 12:08 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• As long as the car seat as never been in an accident, in great shape and hasn't passed the expired date then it is GOOD to sell and SAFE.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:09 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Here in Orlando they gave free carseat for needy families. I don't sell my carseats but I have given them. I have't been in a car accident or anything and they need it. I see nothing worng with it.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 12:10 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• i always give my old carseat away... like my infant carrier... my son was out of it in 6 months so I gave it away.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:10 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• i honestly for a long time didn't know how unsafe it was. i recently found out and as soon as i did i checked it right away which wasn't untill my oldest was just turned 4. i went out and baught my kids new carseats right away i still need one for my unborn baby but i should have the money before she is born. just some people don't know. they should make a comercial or something to alert parents about it. because i honestly never would have done it if i knew.
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 12:10 PM on Oct. 9, 2010