what can I use on my 5 week olds cradle cap?

I was wondering what other people do when their baby has cradle cap. Do you put lotion on it?

beck_9808

Asked by beck_9808 at 8:05 AM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I BOUGHT OTC CREAM IT HAS WINNIE THE POOH ON IT AND IT IS IN A TURQUIOSE COLORED BOTTLE. IT WORKS GREAT. I CANNOT REMEMBER WHAT IT IS CALLED BUT I THINK IT IS BY GERBER.

myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 8:07 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• i used baby oil on my daughters with a comb
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 8:20 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I used the same product that myboogie... used - it's called Gentle Naturals and is made by Oragel of all people - it's all natural and works wonders
    tmcewen

Answer by tmcewen at 8:30 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• A soft soft baby brush. That will help loosen the flakes. My daughter had that, and the brush helped a lot. Just gently brush.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 8:34 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I just saw a cradle cap kit in Kmart last night. A thin toothed comb works to remove the debris, then vaseline to the scalp. Eventually, my daughter grew out of it. She has had sensetive skin, seasonal allergies and eczema all her life (she is 11). I would look into some advice about nutrition. I believe if I could eliminate wheat and dairy from her diet, she would suffer less. I didn't start young though, so it's harder. Maybe this will give you a heads up. I have seen it work in other children. Good luck.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 8:39 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• baby oil doesnt work. selsun blue balanced and hydrocortisone 1% takes care of it in a few days.
    Mama2Joshy

Answer by Mama2Joshy at 9:00 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Or doc had us buy sebulex shampoo and use it every other day. If you give a bath more often then that, use regular baby shampoo. It worked great. obviously you have to be much more careful of getting it in the eyes.
    Debbie062008

Answer by Debbie062008 at 9:06 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• My son had it really really bad, and I tried all the different "remedies" this is the ONLY thing that worked for us. about a half hour before his bath, I would take a cotton ball that was soaked in OLIVE OIL and rub it all over his head, and rub it in really good. Make sure his head is like greasy looking, lol. Let it soak in for 1/2 hour then take a baby brush and brush it out using circular motions don't scrub too hard because then it will irritate his head. Use the circular motions to get the scaley skin lifted, then give him/her a bath and wash the hair with baby shampoo to get wash all the skin and oil off. Then after the bath brush his/her hair lightly with a baby brush then with a cotton ball put a small amount of olive oil on his/her head again, but not alot to be greasy, just enough to moisturize the head, and just leave in.
    Hartbrayka

Answer by Hartbrayka at 9:22 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• rub baby oil in it, let it soak for a little bit, then comb it out... it works GREAT, and wash baby's hair like every other day to keep it from coming back.
    i worked at a daycare and this worked on every kid that came in wit it! either the parent took our advice, or let us do it while we were watching them
    Kersten

Answer by Kersten at 9:36 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• baby oil, and brush with a soft brush... VERY SOFT.... or baby cotton balls....
    rockerchic

Answer by rockerchic at 9:48 AM on Oct. 26, 2008