Have you ever had to take your child for a DNA test? adult content

Was it an ex that swore the child wasnt his...and it was?

kjbennett26

Asked by kjbennett26 at 12:16 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• my story is sad, crazy, and amazing all at the same time. the long story short is i did take my daughter to get a dna test, after 18mths of trying to get child support (such a long process, not sure why DNA test is the LAST step, should be the first!) and even though i was swearing up and down she was his- turns out i was wrong. there was a massive miscalculation and the one one night stand i ever had is when i actually concieved. imagine my fear in telling him, his family, my family, etc.....well i did- and not only is he a billion times better than my ex bf, who never helped with the baby even though HE thought she was his, but he's older and we ended up being together and now we're all living together. to say we (my daughter and i) lucked out would be the understatement of the century. turns out he's at that point in his life where he wanted to settle down, have a child, etc- and does not even resent me for what happened!
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 12:59 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Yes, I had to take my son because his father swore than I was cheating on him. It took CSE 9 months to find him to take the test because he kept moving and changing jobs. My son did/does belong to him biologically but, my husband adopted him.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 1:08 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Sort of. We had to get a DNA test down on your stepson. His mother claimed he wasn't my husbands for 18 months and then when she wanted child support she tried to get it out of him but we did a DNA test to prove it before handing over money.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:18 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• *done *OUR
    mommy_of_two388

• Yes. But the funny thing is he didn't deny her just that he didn't know I had her when he held her in the hospital before I did
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 12:19 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• no i havent
    YUMMYNANA25152

Answer by YUMMYNANA25152 at 12:20 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• yea with both of my boys. the father thaught i had cheated which i hadn't and actually he had. its not that hard they just swab their mouths. the cool thing is once you get the test back you can sorta rub it in their face. but to me when a guy asks a girl for a dna test on their kid and they know she isn't the type of person to just go sleeping around i find it to be an insult.
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 12:23 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Never, and I wish i WAS asked let me tell you how he would have been holding his teeth
    I am not bashing anyone else who had to that's just my version of it if i was asked
    Inheritingkids

Answer by Inheritingkids at 12:32 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Mostly it was his family trying to convince him, and his wife, so I decided to prove it so no one could question it again. Well that put and end to it.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 2:11 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• My oldest son's bio dad swore up and down in high school that he never had sex with me and that DS was not his for almost 3 years BUT BEFORE he requested a paternity test he tattooed (in HUGE letters) DS's name down the back of each arm! LMAO...stupid a**, and then he let my DH adopted him once we were married.
    kjbennett26

Comment by kjbennett26 (original poster) at 12:22 PM on Oct. 9, 2010