my daughter has mursur on her leg i heard honey cures mursur i just dont know how eat it or rub it on

YUMMYNANA25152

Asked by YUMMYNANA25152 at 12:17 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• No honey will not cure it. Look it is common for it to go away and to come back. Honey, in some cases, has been known to help the healing process of open wounds. For MRSA: get an antibacterial soap and a different bar for each family member. It must have antibacterial agents in the soap. Not all soaps do. Bathe the child twice a day. New and clean towels each time! Don't reuse towels for several months. All bedding and stuffed animals to be washed in hot water. EVERYONE in your family is to become a super great frequent hand washer. Keep the infected area clean and covered. Ask for a nose creme antibiotic if you didn't get one already. MRSA colonizes in the nose. Every time your little one sneezes, picks the nose, ect....you risk reinfection. This is why the nose creme is good. Wash ALL toys. Buy lots of Lysol and spray doors and toilets often.  Honey will not help with this one.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:40 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• what the heck is mursur?
    Anonymous

• Do you mean MRSA? it is NOT flesh eating disease it is a very nasty resistant strain of Staph.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 1:00 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Do you mean the bacterial infection Mersa?
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 12:32 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• yes mursur is a flesh eating disease it is a bacterial infection
    YUMMYNANA25152

Comment by YUMMYNANA25152 (original poster) at 12:42 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• holy hell... tell me you are dealing with this at a hospital and not thinking honey will cure your child.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 4:01 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• MY DAUGHTER HAS BEEN TREATED BY ANTIBOTICS AND IT GOES AWAY FOR AWILE AND COMES BACK AGAIN. BUT I SEEN ON DR OZ THAT HONEY CAN CURE MURSUR BUT HE DID NOT SAY WHAT TO DO WITH HTE HONEY
    YUMMYNANA25152

Comment by YUMMYNANA25152 (original poster) at 4:29 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Use paper for towels to wipe hands after washing. I know it can be a pain and not great for the environment but for while you are having MRSA episodes....better for everyone. Wash backpacks - everything. Clean your house like there is no tomorrow. I had this happen to my three year old. Scared the crap out of me because I worked with MRSA all the time. The thought of it returning or another family member getting it was disturbing. So I went to town and started on a massive clean everything spree. MRSA can live for 30 days outside of the body. Curtains, carpet, bedding, counters.....so you have a lot of work to do.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:01 AM on Oct. 11, 2010