good start formula?

Is good start formula better than similiac in your opinion?
Thanks

tiggerneeyore

Asked by tiggerneeyore at 8:27 AM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Depends on the baby. Some do better on one formula than the other. They both offer the same nutrition (as required by the FDA), so it's just a matter of what is best for your child.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 8:39 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I know good start has more DHA and ARA in it than similac and that is supposedly the good stuff in formula. Enfamil is on the same level as good start but easier to mix IMO.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 8:58 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• My son couldn't handle either of them. He had a lot of gas when he was a baby and the Enfamil Gentlease was the only one out of the three that worked for him.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 12:16 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• It depends on your baby. The nutrients in all formulas are the same, and heavily regulated, but the fillers are different, which can cause babies to have different reactions to them. My son, for instance, got constipated on Similac, BJ's brand, and Target brand and got the runs on Wal-Mart brand, but he was fine on Enfamil and Good Start. Good Start does have the Natural Cultures formula, which adds a little bit more than the standard DHA/ARA that most all formulas offer, but it again depends on your baby. Personally, I like the texture of Enfamil the best and it was easiest to mix, but I like that the Good Start had no bubbles after being mixed (I was fascinated by that, I thought it was so amazing, lol), which could have its benefits if your baby has problems with gas.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:09 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I'm not trying to start a debate or anything, but I just have to say this: Nestle is a terrible, evil company that is responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of babies in third world countries. Research the Nestle boycott, and you'll understand what I'm talking about. I don't recommend using any of their products. There are plenty of other brands of formula out there, and I'm sure one of them will work out great for your baby.
    Anonymous