How can I find a list of home business consultants in my area?

I am looking into starting a home business and I have narrowed a few down. I would like to see how many consultants are in my area to see if the market is oversaturated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Money & Work

• Go to the website of the companies that you are looking into. Most if not all have a tab to help you find a consultant in your area. You type in your city / town or zip code and it will give you a list of consultants nearest you. Usually though, you will find that even if there were several of company A on your block and you wanted to be a consultant for that company, if you have the drive you can still be successful in it. Some consultants decide it's not for them and quit, some retire, and some are on the books simply so they can get the discount. Good luck with whatever you decide on! : )
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 12:30 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• You would most likely have to contact the companies individually and let them know you need to or want to find local consultants and see if they can give you the information... SOME companies have a "search" on their site so you can find locals too, but not all.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:27 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• most direct sales companies have way you can search on their site if you know what you are looking for or google what company and your zip and something should come up. www.earningsinabasket.info has a almost full list of direct sales companies that are active right now.
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 12:42 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• i just found this www.findpartyplanreps.com
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 12:54 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Just an fyi for you, when you do search by zip code, not all reps may be listed, some companies like for their reps to reach a certain criteria in order for them to show by zip. I hope this makes sense.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 7:43 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Tiffany237 is right....for example with Avon, you may see 6+ reps in the zip code pop up, but those are just ones who pay for the eRep site. When I was an assistant to my District Manager my zip code search showed 8 reps, including myself, however there were over 50 reps in my zip code alone
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:55 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Just ask the person trying to sign you up for that company to give you a list.
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 2:51 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• You can start a wonderful home base business with Lia Sophia the pay is great the jewelry is timeless and you will meet great ladies that will enjoy purchasing your product.Contact me if you are interested in getting started
    LUCYDOLL101

Answer by LUCYDOLL101 at 1:46 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I'm not sure what type of business you'd like to start, but I work from home and I love it! I am a stay at home Mommy to my 3 year old son, and 19 month old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Weekly pay! Free website, training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!
    Visit my website:
    www.OurCEOMom.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 2:24 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• All I wanted was to Stay at home and raise my Own Children...I was
    totally shocked at all the scams on the Internet that were targeting
    people like me.

I spent months looking, and did pay some "fees" to find out

about legitimate work from home. None of them were able to offer
    anything more than a few surveys for pay, crafts to assemble, or
    mystery shopping (all of which were nothing more than some spare
    change...not an income).

I am very excited to now Own my own Home Business.

I am working at my own pace and I have met and Teamed up with some
    Awesome Mothers and others...that have the same Goals as I DO!

I would love to share this opportunity with you. Just visit my
    website, and I will contact you with the details.

Mom's go to www.BeHomeNow.biz
    tafania

Answer by tafania at 7:00 PM on Oct. 10, 2010