Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how to rekindle a broken relationship of over 13 years after ifidelity on my part, and the man involved is still legally married but separated?

I have been involved for over 13 years with a man who's legally married. By the time I found out he was married I'd fallen in love with him & stayed in it. Now, we have a 4 yeare old son who we both adore. Recently, he found out I'd been sexually involved with another man for a nmber of years and is very upset. He says wecan try to rekindle and see what happens....I no we still love each other and need to know how we should handle things in order for this to work..keeping n mind that he needs to get disvorced what do we do first? Please help....

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (2)
  • I think the first thing you need to do is stop involvement with all men and try to figure out YOU. And I don't mean that in a snarky way, I seriously think you need to thoroughly reevaluate your life and what it is that is best for you and your son.


    Answer by shanlaree at 12:35 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

  • There's so many things wrong here. Neither of you is capable of commitment at this point, seriously. What kind of man cheats on his wife for 13 years? What kind of woman allows herself to be the other woman that long? You do need to figure out who you are, and why you would put up with this for so long.
    As for you seeing someone else, well, shit, he's got nothing to say about that. But how do you have an affair for that long and not get caught?

    Answer by Saya at 1:39 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.