how can i get my daughter to do number 2 in her potty ?

she is way good about peeing in her potty she even takes her diaper off and puts it in the trash....... but pooping in a different story ? she wont do it at all..... i caught her in the act of doing it and quickly put her on the potty to show you poop in there too but that still didn't work? and u can tell she really want to wear underwear instead fo diapers i let her wear them a cuple hours a day but when it time for a diaper agin she get all mad and ripp it off anyways. so if any one has advise im open to take it

tear423

Asked by tear423 at 12:38 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son was the same way. He'd go hide in a corner to go, so I knew he knew what to do! I tried putting him on the potty and it never worked - he just waited until he was off! I read somewhere that a mom had the same problem and decided to take her child's underwear/diaper off and let them run around naked. I wasn't so sure, but I tried it - I was ready for anything!! I was sooo worried I'd have a mess in the corner, so I watched him closely!! It took ONE time - I kid you not - ONE time with no undies on. He went to the corner, looked at me in a panic, grabbed his lil butt with his hand and ran to the bathroom saying "poopoo!!". I put him on, he went potty, and that was it - from that day on he went in the potty.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 12:35 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I had the hardest time with my son. He finally just started holding it in, and it was a huge ordeal. Just let her go in a pamper until she is comfortable going in the potty. Don't make a big deal of it. But do make a huge thing (woo hoo yay etc) when she DOES go poop on the potty.
    begamom

Answer by begamom at 12:46 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I have a two year old son, and he was very easy to potty train, but he also didn't want to go poopy on the potty. It turned out that he was embarressed. I started leaving the bathroom (I always just walked right outside the door), and when he called to tell me he had gone I came in clapping and praising him, yelling "Yeah Poopy", its sounds stupid, but it makes them very excited about going poopy on the potty. We made a huge thing about it, clapping the whole deal, then I would let him flush it himself, and when he flushed we would say "bye bye Poopoo" it became a game, and from them on he loved it.
    mamyerssteph

Answer by mamyerssteph at 8:07 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Try the 3 Day Method! We did it 2 weeks ago with our 2 year old, and we have very few accidents. It's worth paying for the e-book!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:10 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Try rewarding her with a couple M&M's =)
    Kaitlyn0816

Answer by Kaitlyn0816 at 10:54 AM on Oct. 10, 2010