Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to change my daughter's last name....

Her father is a dead-beat... He has no copy of her Socail Security Card, or Birth Certificate... How do I change her last name, with avoiding him... He did sign her Birth Certificate, and the Paternity acknoledgement... It's just that he does nothing for her, and I don't want to be with him, so what do I do. I have another child, who has my last name, and I want her to also.


Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (2)
  • Best to ask a lawyer.

    Answer by louise2 at 12:47 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

  • you'll probably have to file your request with the court.

    Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:46 PM on Oct. 9, 2010