Do you shout your sexuality from the rooftops?

Have you ever once on this site mentioned your DH or BF? Have you ever referred to the father of your child, whether it's by referring to the "baby daddy" or by discussing their "deadbeat dad"? Have you ever once complained about your ex's new wife/gf/etc and how that complicates your parenting? Or, are you a step parent who has issues with how the birth mother interferes with your life? Are there any pictures on your profile that include the father of your children or your significant other?

What about at home, do you ever mention your husband or bf to people at work or the store or the doctor's office? Do you have a family portrait or wedding picture on your desk at work? Maybe one on your keychain? Do you allow your neighbors to see that 2 differently gendered adults live in your home or does one of you always sneak in after dark?

If the answer to any of those is yes, why is it ok if you're straight, but not gay?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 12:47 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• That is AWESOME!!! And true. If a gay person makes one peep or a gay couple is shown on TV, then, they are SHOVING gayness down everyone throats. But, if a straight person talks incessantly about their SO, that is just fine and we must listen.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:51 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• this is getting boring now. can you find a new topic please
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:51 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

Is someone holding a gun to your head and forcing you to participate? Should we call 911? Blink once for yes, twice for no.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 12:52 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• interesting and thought provoking.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:54 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Why, yes. I wear a sandwich board that says, "I'm a straight girl ask me how. I like penis."
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:56 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• ITA NP- I am equal opportunity- I do not want hear about anyone's sex life-do not want to see graphics either. No, I do not talk about my relationship with anyone, beyond the 2 of us directly involved. Of course, I'm old school too. 1 thing that does really bother me- the GF flag- if you want to be treated like everyone else, stop drawing attention to your uniqueness. As a heterosexual I do not fly a flag or have a decal on my car. Is there such a thing? Do whatever you want with whomever you choose.  I do not need to know the details-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:57 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

Pics or it didn't happen!
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 12:59 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• No I dont. I also DONT have "straight pride" parades. OR think that STRAIGHT sex should be taught to 5 years olds/. I think that tolerance should be taught as ALL encompassing NOT just o a specific group and I dont believe that teens who commit suicides because they were gay and teased are ANY MORE important or sad then those that are teased for all the OTHER reasons kids are teased. I also dont think that a gay persons death by the hand of a insane person is ANY worse then the death of a straight person by the hand of an insane person.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:59 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I am guilty. I have pics of myself and my husband all over my profiles, I talk about him all the time, we're bad for holding hands and kissing in public, etc etc.

I completely agree, btw. We do all these things without even thinking about it - its completely taken for granted - yet if homosexuals were want to it would be considered throwing it in people's faces....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:02 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I never judge anyone on sexual preference, religion or anything else. As long as you are happy within yourself that is all that matters. Heck I socialize with may different people.
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 1:02 PM on Oct. 9, 2010