How to add Nutritious but fatening calories to my little sons tummy?

My husband and son are both my top priority but my husband has unfortunately recieved the short end of the stick as my son has been quite needy he just had surgery (strabisumis eye surgery) how to feed us all with out such a nightmare? It's my fault as I should have a meal plan but I am not that organized yet to do something that smart, I wish I could have someone look in my fridge and cabinets and say ok make this on monday and this on Friday....HELP!!

siobhmc13

Asked by siobhmc13 at 8:52 AM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I had eye surgery when I was in 8th grade to correct a lazy eye. The eye Dr. tried all the usual before hand, glasses, eye excercises but still ended up with corrective surgery. I am told, by other Dr's, he did an excellent job. My eyes still work independantly for reading, but together for everything else. (it's normal especially when this kind of surgery happens so late in life)

It merely means all those neat hidden picture sterograms out there is something I cannot see. LOL Darn.
    LisaAC

Answer by LisaAC at 9:37 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Oh yeah, a quick and easy meal can be Ramen Noodles. Yeah, I know, but with a little doctoring it can be a great meal. What I do is add cheese, maybe some peas or other veggies, and maybe some meat like canned tuna or chicken. You could even add a little cream of mushroom soup in the mix if you wanted. It makes a very filling meal with a little added ingrediants and the noodles are cheap to get.
    LisaAC

Answer by LisaAC at 9:39 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• You can make him chicken nuggets, Tyson makes a 100% natural without preservatives. Also you can add the good fats to stuff you might already make. Like Olive Oil or real butter on veggies and pasta.You can also see if he likes avocado, I've heard lots of babies love it! Also, regular cheese and if your son is over 1 year, peanut butter for snacks. If you are having to spend lots of time with your son, you can check out the group "Crock Pot Moms" for tons of great meals you can throw in and forget about until dinner time. Then the family can enjoy a meal together without you slaving away all day.
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 10:05 AM on Oct. 26, 2008