someone stateing there opinion, is not "bashing",ok?

if i say that i think its wierd that you breastfeed in public, or that i dont think women should have babys and then give them away to strangers, or that a baby needs a mom & a dad, that doesnt mean im bashing you or anyone. its just my opinion!! i know sometimes its frustarting that people could think so differently, it frustrates me too.. but if you dont want to hear people opinions, dont read questions about controversial topics.

PURPULbutterfly

Asked by PURPULbutterfly at 1:00 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I totally agree! Everyone has a right to have their own opinions. Just because we disagree on a subject does not mean one off us is bashing the other. I kept thinking that CM was for adults who could have mature conversations but more and more I see arguments and someone screaming that people are bashing simply because they don't agree that this lifestyle is more wonderful than sliced bread or that type of parenting style is wrong.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 1:55 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• This issue isn't stating opinions for some it is belittling way that they take down the OP with their difference in opinion. There is a HUGE difference between a difference in opinion and belittling some one for having a different opinion.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:02 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I think it's less about stating our opinions, and more about how we state our opinions. There is a right way and a wrong way to communicate our thoughts and ideas. When we come off as being harsh, then people will take offense.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 1:05 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Some times people won't communicate here as well in writing as in talking and it comes off as against you. Then again if it was down right rude I would agree with you, just get off the post and go on. It's for opinions(sp) not arguments on here, but some women love to hide behind the computer and do it, because face to face most likely they wouldn't.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 1:10 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Things that make you go "hmmmmmmmmm."

I agree..... some things are taken out of context when read as opposed to actually hearing someone say it. It can be taken as rude, when meant as nice and vice versa.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:12 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• And where does calling someone a bitch fall? Is that opinion or bashing?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:01 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• ongoing thing-
    I just pretty much lost a guy friend because best I can tell, I didn't agree with him on something.
    lots of people can't handle that.
    Anonymous

• I agree with this-----Things that make you go "hmmmmmmmmm."

I agree..... some things are taken out of context when read as opposed to actually hearing someone say it. It can be taken as rude, when meant as nice and vice versa
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 2:44 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I probably missed something again. skeptisch_girl.gif gskeptisch image by bibu09

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 5:27 PM on Oct. 9, 2010