are you a good runner?

I want to start jogging/running... But where do I start out? How long should I go for or how far? How do I become a long distance runner?

lilma0608

Asked by lilma0608 at 1:02 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I would suggest that you start with the c25k program or couch to 5K...It has you running a 5K in 8 weeks ( 3.1 miles)...

coolrunning.com
    halhigdon.com

Both of these sites are great..they have programs on them to follow. I did the 10K program on Hal Higdon's site..he is a journalist that made his name writing for Runner's World and running marathons.
    I ran a 5K with Dh this morning...he placed 9th overall with a time of 27:15 and I placed 4th in my age group for women ( 30-39..I'm 35) with a time of 32:34...it would have been faster, but I hurt my back and had to walk for about 2 minutes and I also promised my chiropractor that I'd take it easy...I'm slightly competitive so that didn't work very well! LOL
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 1:38 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• i only run maybe a mile i have a very large yard so i just run around it a few times, i also prefer just running around the yard that way im not to far away from home if i get to feeling sick or winded
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 1:03 PM on Oct. 9, 2010