toddler birthday parties?

My 3 year old daughter soon to be 4 just started pre school this year. I want to have a birthday party for her. Is she too young for this yet? Also, would it be weird to let her hand out invintations to her friends at school? Bc I don't know the other parents...

lilma0608

Asked by lilma0608 at 1:10 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• No she is not too young...i have been throwing my daughter (who is 4) parties for every birthday since she was born. I also don't think it is weird to have her hand out invites at school...i just sent Halloween Party invites into school with my daugher and sent a note asking the teacher to put them in all the kids bookbags.
    ThinkPink23

Answer by ThinkPink23 at 1:37 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Actually it's a great idea. I threw party's every yr. for my girls & @ that age they really start getting into it and enjoy it. Also handing out party inv. to parents @ school is also great so you can meet other parents and even make friends! I also take lots of pic. and do scrapbooking, So I always do a page of 2 for the b-day party's as well, so they can have it when they get older they can see @ the fun times that we had. I love get party stuff @ these two places- I hope this helps =)
    http://www.celebrateexpress.com & http://www.orientaltrading.com
    princessbabies

Answer by princessbabies at 5:07 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• it seems a bit young to me, she wont even remember it when she gets older
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 3:04 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• My son has had a Birthday party every year (soetimes 2), & he'll be 4 as well. This year since he's started school we'll be having a lil party for him in the classroom, that way he won't have to invite any of the to his actually Birthday party.
    ~*~Holli~*~
    MsWood729

Answer by MsWood729 at 3:38 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• If you do hand out invites at preschool, make sure it's OK ahead of time. At my daughter's preschool, it's OK so long as you invite everyone in the class. At my son's school, it's completely forbidden. Parents have to call or email other parents.They do it though, even if they don't know the other parents.

By all means, have a party if you think she'd enjoy it. Just make it quick and not too many people. It's easy to get over-excited and overwhelmed, especially at 3, when watching another kid open presents can lead to jealousy and craziness. Outside at a park might be nice? Or something low-key.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 9:54 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Three turning four is a magical age-no it's not too young for a memorable birthday party!!! I just did a Whimsical wonderland b-day party for 8 -4 year olds, they loved it. I'm a Children's event planner and focus on upscale children's parties.

I'd be happy to offer suggestions,e-mail me at dfkdesign@msn.com.

BTW if invites go to school, you have to invite everyone or do a "school treat" with approval from the teacher for everyone.Then have a smaller event with a much smaller crowd. That age has fun with a few of their besties, if larger group be sure to make sure some parents stay to assist.

serendipityDFK

Answer by serendipityDFK at 1:25 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My DD's didn't go to preschool. But I know one rule of thumb was to only invite as many as they are old. So just 4. Maybe that's old school. But have Fun no matter what you do! Happy early 4th Birthday to her!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 7:13 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I don't think that she is too young at all. I also think that she will remember it.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:59 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• no do it @ her school during lunch or after nap time
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 2:58 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I tosses this idea around too and then decided I would wait until next year since I don't really know too many parents yet.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 10:30 PM on Oct. 10, 2010