Does it bother you if your SO/DH looks at porn?

Okay- so it's not even real porn...but basically I've figured out (yes, minor snooping involved) that on the random nights I go out with my friends, my bf will watch porn via youtube. I don't know why, but porn has always bothered me when it comes to guys in relationships. I feel like why do they need to get aroused/turned on by other women, when they have someone that could satisfy their needs and that they have a healthy sexual relationship with. Then it makes me a little insecure as to what he's thinking about when we are having sex. Maybe that's just my paranoia bc my ex was addicted to port (literally) so just wondering what other women think. Do you care, even if it's once in a blue moon?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• if i feel fat that day.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:15 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I could careless its apples and oranges to me what does him looking at porn have to do with my self esteem? I keep that attitude because its true.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:17 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I totally feel the same way! My boyfriend and I would get into huge fights about it all the time. I would find the movies in his drawers when I was putting his clothes away or even found magazines under my bed. I told him I hate it because its like I'm not good enough for him. Or he'd rather look at other women who had nicer bodies. And the most was that he could get off to other women. I asked him howd he feel me getting off to some other guy. He said he never thought of it like that and that he I sorry for it. And he stopped!
    lilma0608

Answer by lilma0608 at 1:21 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• UTube has no porn. What are thinking is porn??
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 1:34 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• It bothers me, it has been a problem for me because while I was separated from my husband he became very addicted to it. It was wierd when we got back together. I understood him doing it while I was out of the picture but honestly am just jealous cause I want his attention now! I think he has a hard time masturbating without it. And although I understand it, it hate it. I have however found that watching it together is quite different. We sometimes enjoy it together. So my husband has worked to cut back and almost eliminate doing it alone. We look at it together at times and it really sparks our love life. I'm trying to get around to it being an every once and a while thing for him to do it alone. It is a huge turn on. I know why he likes it. But I can't help being a girl.
    Anonymous

• * What are you thinking is porn on UTube?

dang typo gremlins
    isabellalecour

• I don't care. I use to care since he use to hide it from me and would lie about it, but then one day I told him I didn't care if he does it I told him the thing that bothers me is that he has to hide it and lie about it. I told him I don't even care if he does it when I am like not home or whatever, but that he not lie to me if I ask him about it that is what makes me mad. So ever since I told him this he doesn't lie anymore and he doesn't hide it anymore. Sometimes he will watch it on his own and sometimes he will watch it right in front of me lol. One day he was watching it and I decided to go up to bed he came up a little later and wanted to you know lol and I was happy that he came up to me. So it isn't like he doesn't give it to me cause he does. I don't see a problem in it as long as he isn't going out and fisically sleeping with someone else. And I dont' see a problem in it if they don't hold sex from you.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 1:35 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• No. He shouldn't be looking at it ever. It's lust, not love. The world may see it as "acceptable", but it shouldn't be. You are a woman, and you are worth a man who is faithful to you and only you. Looking at porn to get aroused is akin to cheating. It shouldn't be tolerated. Pornography is a plague and will rob him of the ability to have healthy, normal, relationship. Pornography is not reality, and sex is never casual.
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 1:35 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I have no problem with porn. As long as there is no hiding it. DH and I both watch porn. Heck some times you get great ideas to try from there.
    justme581

Answer by justme581 at 1:35 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• If it makes you feel bad he shouldn't be watching it out of respect for you. I hate porn myself.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 1:36 PM on Oct. 9, 2010