insurance?

I currently have no health insurance. I use to have a medical card but they say I make to much money now to be eligable. My work doesn't offer it for temps. I work at a Chrysler plant. People who r not hired on don't get benifits. Its also really expensive to buy insurance... Plus I'd have to wait for the deductable to be paid. How can I get the meds I need? They don't offer samples for the kind of prescription I take.

lilma0608

Asked by lilma0608 at 1:13 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Health

• I would check the website for the maker of the meds, the overall company not njust the name of your medication. Some companies offer help and discounts. Look into free rx discount cards. Call around to different phramacies and see who is the cheapest, they all see the same thing but sometimes BJs, walmart etc are cheaper
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 1:49 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Check with your pharmacy. Some places like Walgreen's and Kroeger offer prescription drug plans where you can get meds for less, especially if you use generics. Tell them you have no insurance, and ask if they have a discount plan.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 1:21 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Check with the makers of that particular medication. Sometimes they will help out.
    eluc

Answer by eluc at 1:23 PM on Oct. 9, 2010