I have an Human Resources Question?

I applied for a position with the city. It is part-time, but they keep pushing the closing date back. Why would they do that? No qualified applicants? Not ready for the position to start? I have to say, its a little discouraging.

eluc

Asked by eluc at 1:21 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Money & Work

• Probably not enough qualified applicants. Or, not enough applicants, period!....I know most companies will postpone training classes and such if they do not have enough applicants to fill the class. This may be something along those lines...GL!
    gogogirl79

Answer by gogogirl79 at 1:28 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• It could be for the reasons you mentioned or perhaps the funding is not reasily available for the position. Just be patient and also keep looking in case this one doesn't work out.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 1:30 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Send someone in HR an email, asking that question

Answer by rkoloms at 3:15 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I work in HR and I'd have to say, not enough quality applicants. Even if it is just part-time, no one wants to train anymore and wants someone with experience.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 4:30 PM on Oct. 9, 2010