What do you really need for a new born BABY!!!

I'm 7 months pregnant & in all the books and magz I've read they've told me different things to get before the baby comes, so I want to know what I need to get...
I have clothes, car seat, stroller, crib, bath, swing, 3 bottles & some other little stuff, but what else.... there are thousands of things but what are the most important things... things that will be helpful & life savers....

Chelsdavis

Asked by Chelsdavis at 1:38 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Diapers and wipes! :D

Congratulations on your new baby! I loved the zip up sleepers with feet for the wintertime. It keeps the baby warm and makes night time diaper changes SO easy!! If you are planing on using bottles to feed - I would get more than three. Otherwise you are going to have to keep them washed. If you are breastfeeding, then 3 is more than enough.

Sounds like you are all set. Babies just need to be kept warm and fed! THat's all you really NEED!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 1:42 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• thermometer, socks (lots of socks they disappear they are so tiny) astock of diapers and wipes. skip the baby towels adult towels work just fine. nail clippers, baby shampoo, diaper cream. You can wait on lotion since you shouldn't apply it until a few weeks after birth. Basically that's it with what you mentioned...newborns don't need a lot of 'stuff'
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:42 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• well do you plan on breatsfeeding or formula?
    are you co slepping or baby in the crib?
    cloth diaper or disposables?
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:43 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I would suggest besides what you already have. Is extra diapers, a bathtub, pacifiers,bottles,bottle warmer( could not live without mine) , a baby moniter, crib sheets, oneies, infant mediince for things likes ears,gas,etc ,a rear view widow for car to make easier to see baby in back, something to hold their head up while in a car seat, shampoo, diaper cream, wet wipes,always have doctor's number availble, laundry soap cause will do lots of extra laundy, film always around to snap photos, a baby book, reveing blankets, I think that might help for awhile and if not always ask babies or even toys are us will help with things. And since winter is almost here, I blanket, winter clothes, booties, gloves for fingers so baby will not scratch them sleves. and anything to get baby from car to stoller. A front pack if want. For now just get the nessities and then just get the stuff that works for you.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:14 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Oh my, I think you learn that as you go along, meaning if you run out of blankets, then you get more, diapers, same thing. However, I would start off with lots of receiving blankets and onesies, cloth diapers for burp rags (they are great for any type of baby mess), a couple of heavy blankets for the baby to throw over him or her when you go out, some one piece pajamas, lots of diapers, a diaper bag, Desitin, lots of baby wipes, some baby Tylenol

tha'ts about all I can think of right now.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:17 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• They sell SO much stuff that we don't need and most people won't use. All I really needed was boobs, a carseat, diapers and wipes, and some of those soft gowns or sleepers at first. I also loved my bouncy seat. There are a lot of products that look like they would be really useful, but they aren't. Sometimes it's nice to have the baby for a while and see how your routine is before adding more crap to the mix, if it's not useful. My biggest complaint with the baby stuff is that it takes up so much space. I didn't want more than I had to have.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:18 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• just make sure u have enough diapers and wipe that a most a big have lol good luck ur going to need it
    Tabby505

Answer by Tabby505 at 2:43 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Seriously, only diapers and wipes, car seat, a place to sleep and some clothes. From there, you'll figure out what you need. Everyone is different. Those are the most basic NEEDS.
    From there, a swing or bouncy seat (babies tend to prefer one or the other) is nice, a few toys, a diaper bag...
    A changing table is totally unnecessary. We bought some shelves that are about waist high, and stuck a changing pad on that. Now that our son is potty trained, we're not trying to figure out how to make the changing table look like it belongs, we just took the pad off and he has nice shelves. Don't get a wipe warmer, they just dry the wipes out.
    Truly, don't buy much until after the baby comes. You'll figure out what you need (and what you don't need) then.
    I think you're pretty much set.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:51 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• A sling or wrap!
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:20 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• more bottles,blankets,onesies,socks,nail clippers,baby soap,baby lotion, diapers, wipes, desitin cream, you might also want baby tylenol drops, gas x drops....you may also want a good baby clothes detergent like ivory snow...buy a little at a time, they grow so fast.
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 3:29 PM on Oct. 9, 2010