Need little support telling hubby I might be pregnant?

Our money situation is really tight and he's a wicked worry wart- and already I am 2 days late but testing negative on dollar store tests...I don't know how to tell him I'm 2 days late..I don't want him to worry about money all weekend until I can callt he doctor and ask her a few question seeing as I just had mirena out at the end of Aug so I could just be off kilter..

stephanieplante

Asked by stephanieplante at 1:59 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Hey! I would say just tell him...I was in the same position 2 years ago. Came out to be that I was indeed pregnant and we now have a wonderful 2 year old! Don't be surprised if he is like " Huh" it's a guy thing lol but in the end i think he will appreciate that you told him.

Maybe a good time to bring it up is when he is relaxed and you guys are watching some t.v or before bed. I would suggest getting the test done together.
    CathyLuv

Answer by CathyLuv at 2:06 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I would just wait a few days, why tell him now and get him all worked up then start your period by the end of the weekend. Take a test again during the begining of next week, and if you are let him know then. It could easily be that your body is just screwed up from change in birth control, thats pretty common.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 2:13 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Do not worry about telling him tell you know for sure you are pregnant. Sense you just came off BC. Like you said you might just be off kilter.

Answer by louise2 at 2:04 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• First, you sound worried too, and that also can cause your late period...So you should try to relax before saying anything to your husband. And personally, I wouldn't say anything to him if I Wasn't 100%sure I was pregnant. No need to worry him just because you are 2 days late. Good luck and I hope you get what you want, either a pregnancy or no pregnancy, whichever that maybe.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 2:05 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• my only problem is I cant go an buy a more expensive test because we are not a cash carrying family and all store slips go to him....we have spare change which i can buy dollar store tests with but thats it...I mean I am having a few symptoms and had two period like flows withon two weeks of eachother..and we did have sex.. but UGH idk... I'd welcome this pregnancy and would be THRILLED (and he would be too in the end) but being late is killing me.
    stephanieplante

Comment by stephanieplante (original poster) at 2:08 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• oh and those two period like flows were in aug and sept after removal of mirena
    stephanieplante

Comment by stephanieplante (original poster) at 2:09 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I took a dollar store test when I was a week late and I got a faint positive.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 3:16 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I would wait a few more days then test again. If it still says negative then I would call your ob/gyn
    ladyambition