Merina???

I am having mine put in next month when my period shows up. I am scared to death though 1. of the pain of having it put in, and 2. of something bad happening to me while its in. I have heard so many bad stories on CM about the merian that I figured talking to others about it may help. Thanks! :)

anikahaynes1

Asked by anikahaynes1 at 2:08 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Health

• it doesn't hurt...my doc numbed me before she put mirena in, and it didn't hurt at all, although i did have cramps shortly after......it's better to do it when you're on your period, since there's a hole in your cervix at that time anyway.....removal hurt more than insertion. i did get a rash after having it put in and had some symptoms of pregnancy but nothing ever came of it...i had a doc visit, recommended by the doc, to see how i was doing with it and everything. it did, however, cause my periods to be lighter, but i would spot for about two weeks after my period would end. i plan on having it put in again after we have baby #2, if we can ever get pregnant! lol
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 2:50 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I have Mirena, and I love it. It's more effective than a tubal ligation, which is great. I have a history of irregular, heavy periods, and I still have the irregular periods, but they're nowhere near as heavy. So that's good. I don't feel it, and my hubby doesn't feel it.
    I had one before I got pregnant (it was removed before we started trying), and because I hadn't been pregnant, I had problems with it, where I could feel it, and it ached sometimes. But if you've been pregnant, the risks of that go way down.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:27 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I have friends that have the mirena and all of them love it. They told me it wasn't painful or anything just a little uncomforttable. I'm getting mines after having this babyon february.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 2:10 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Thanks! :) My dr even said most women stop having their periods on the Mirena after awhile...that would be nice! :))
    anikahaynes1

Comment by anikahaynes1 (original poster) at 2:14 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I had one right after monkey was born. I haven't has a period since. I had mild cramping for about 6 weeks.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 2:37 PM on Oct. 9, 2010