Biden interview and now no more interviews with that station...

OK, so Joe Biden recently had a very tough interview with a local news station. He was completely flustered by the interviewers questions. Then after his interview the Obama campaign decided no more interviews with that news station for anyone in the Obama campaign. (and this news station is in a big time swing state). What do you think of the interview? Should Biden be able to answer tough questions like this? What do you think of the campaigns reaction of cutting off interviews with this news station? Are they afraid, acting childish or giving just the right response?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQXcImQfubM Video of the interview

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2008/10/obama-campaign.html Article about the Obama campaign not doing any more interviews

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I think they got as much right to do what they want as Palin does. McCains camp is very careful with Palin.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I wish more MSM and local news stations WOULD ask more tough questions, like this station did! I think it speaks VOLUMES that the Obama campaign will no longer allow that station to ask them more of the same!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:13 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I don't think they should ask the tough questions to the VP running. If they all did we would be in a pickle with Biden and Palin.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Awwwww Poor baby, Biden didn't seem to have any problems answering those questions. He was in regular form with his foot in his mouth as ususal.. Maybe they thought his wife would be worse? You can bet that Fairness Doctrine will be one of the first laws reenacted.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:52 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• It is terrifying that they are shutting people up that they don't agree with.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:13 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen! Just a wimpy attempt to only answer the easy questions from the stations who support them. Hardly fair, IMO. I think the questions asked were legitimate questions that many American's ask, not just the far right republicans.
    Anonymous

• I disagree that he was "completely flustered". I thought he seemed confident and competent in his answers, just taken aback by her frankly outrageous questions. I'm all for tough questions. But her questions were extremely biased, and that's putting it mildly. She phrased them in such a way that she was essentially expressing extreme right-wing opinions to her viewing audience, and hen leaving him a very brief opportunity to prove her wrong. That type of interview approach is beyond unprofessional for a journalist.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 2:12 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• And what the hek do you call the interviews Palin and McCain have been getting from the liberal media!!??? He was just ticked off because for ONCE the shoe was on te other foot and HE was getting the tough stuff!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:19 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• both sides should be asked tough questions, end of story.

he brought out some great points about mccain and his ties to acorn, as well!
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 2:34 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• disagree that he was "completely flustered". I thought he seemed confident and competent in his answers, just taken aback by her frankly outrageous questions. I'm all for tough questions. But her questions were extremely biased, and that's putting it mildly. She phrased them in such a way that she was essentially expressing extreme right-wing opinions to her viewing audience, and hen leaving him a very brief opportunity to prove her wrong. That type of interview approach is beyond unprofessional for a journalist.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Her questions were not outrageous... They were the QUESTIONS that quite a few AMERICANS have....

I guess you get all your news from the LEFT....
    Anonymous