What is the easiest thing for you to recycle?

Especially that makes you feel good, that goes to a good cause? For instance, our family recycles aluminum cans by donating them to the Ronald McDonald house... now we have family and friends bringing bags to us or directly to RM House, too! It's so simple compared to some other recycling options. What does your family do?

KnoxvilleDoula

Asked by KnoxvilleDoula at 9:31 AM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Home & Garden

• We use recycled cloth bags for shopping and whatever bags we do end up with get recycled as well. I use hubby's old t shirts to clean with and old towels get used to wash cars. Our town also has a recycling program that takes everything. We use a solution of white vinegar and water to clean windows and mirrors, we don't buy newspapers, recycle junk mail for Cub Scout projects and school art projects. I use borax as a natural flea killer (kills other bugs too), also great for laundry and cleaning tile in shower , freshening garbage can etc... It's all pretty easy and saves us a lot of money as well.
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 8:11 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• our town has comingle recycling, everything goes in one bin except glass. it is really simple. we recycle everything. We only have our garbage picked up every-other-week and we have the smallest can, this is with two in diapers...
    bdano

Answer by bdano at 9:58 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• We have one big blue can that everything goes in - and they take it away once a week. It's so easy that I don't understand why there are still people who don't do it!! ARGH!!
    swrockhead

Answer by swrockhead at 10:22 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Our town has recycling program. Plastic, cans, glass, paper. They pick it up once a week. I also make my own cleaners for my home. I just got a couple spray bottles from the dollar store & filled them with my cleaners. Now we save money on household cleaners & reduce waste.
    Mommycakes06

Answer by Mommycakes06 at 1:39 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• We have one big can that everything goes in. We make sure and teach the kids (ages 14 and 3) what goes into recycling and what goes into trash, so they are involved in the process as well. If one of us adults tries to put cardboard, cans or aluminum in the trash, our 3 year old will say "No Mommy or Daddy, that is recycling!" We want our kids to grow up green, so that it is easier to continue living green once they are on their own.
    ProudAFMamaof2

Answer by ProudAFMamaof2 at 3:48 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• the easiest thing for me to recycle is bags and aluminum cans
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 5:15 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• We also recycle cans, give them to an older neighbor who collects them from entire neighborhood, supplements his income a bit.
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 8:12 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• We recycle almost everything. We have a big can that we put everything in. Makes it pretty easy. It would be weird not to do it. My favorite "recycling" is using cloth diapers. Makes me feel good that I am not only protecting my baby's skin but also I am not contributing to the landfills.
    FionaS

Answer by FionaS at 10:44 PM on Oct. 28, 2008