When does your hair start falling out??

Everyone keeps telling me that my hair is going to fall out. My son is 3 1/2 months old. Maybe i am going to get lucky!!

SuzannaJ

Asked by SuzannaJ at 9:50 AM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My hair never fell out and I had 3 kids
    Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 9:51 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• It won't be that noticable. Most people lose on average about 100 hairs a day. Most women will loose a little more than that after having a baby, some will lose a lot more than that. I never notice any hair loss but I did notice about a eight months after having my kids, that when I put my hair in a pony tail, I had little short hairs that would stick up all over my head. It was hair growing back that had previouly fallen out. At least that is what my doctor told me and it happened after all 4 pregnanvies.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 10:19 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• my hair started falling out when Ethan was about 6 or 7 monts old. It still falls out (he'll be one next week). My hairs are everywhere... no matter how many times a day i try to comb them out, they still fall out all over the house.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:45 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• My hair has come out but not to the extreme. Its not enough to cry over.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 10:46 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• my hair stared to fall out around 4months after baby,realy noticable in the shower.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:47 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• OMG! I never really thought about it before until now! My daughter is 2 and a half and now that I think about it, my hair is a lot more fine since I had her. I never noticed any hair falling out but it definitely feels different than before. GL mama!
    l.bicks

Answer by l.bicks at 11:13 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• In about a couple of weeks, mine just started and my lo is 4 mo. Not everyone does this though so dont be concerned if it never does
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 11:45 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I've had one baby and my hair never noticeably fell out. Maybe you'll be lucky.
    orangeorbie

Answer by orangeorbie at 12:23 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Mine didn't start until my son was about 8 or 9 months old, and he's 16 months now and it's still doing it (though at this point it's probably more to do with being 15 weeks pregnant). The reason it happens is because while your pregnant, your hormones can cause your hair to stay in the growing stage and not get to the shedding stage at all (the reason for the perpetual good hair days), and then postpartum, the hormones change direction and it all goes to the shedding stage. This, of course, varies from woman to woman and pregnancy to pregnancy (I didn't shed at all my first pregnancy and it comes out in handfuls in this one), so there's no saying it will definitely happen to you, or that it will be that bad if it does, but don't count it out yet.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:03 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Mine never did . . . yours may not either.
    Anonymous