What is the most off the wall wackiest discipline that you have ever given your children that worked?

I was just thinking about this. I remember my girls fighting sooooooooo bad one time that I put them in the same room and they weren't allowed to come out until they fixed the mess they had created. I told them they could beat each other to death in that room, but they couldn't come out of the room fighting.I closed the door and they fought and fought and the next thing you know, they were laughing like nothing had happened, and I thought, "why do they do this"?Icouldn't think of anything else to do. That was many many many years ago and they still talk about it, but each time it gets more interesting.

Kat122

Asked by Kat122 at 10:01 AM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I think that is the best idea don't give them attention by getting mad just put them in a room and let them deal with the problem with out emotion or input from you. My SD thinks she can cry and get what ever she wants with us so now when she cries for no good reason she is sent to her room until she is done and now when she is told that she stops before she even gets to the room.
    mominneed88

Answer by mominneed88 at 10:56 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• My daughter kept running in the house and knocking things over so I made her run around the block three times. I know she walked when she was out os sight but from the porch I could see 1/2 of the distance. she was so tired she didn't run in the house again.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 11:45 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I have a few of them..... When my boys fight, I sometimes make them sit next to each other and hold hands, or hug. They hate it, but they don't fight again for a while.
    Also, if they slam the door on the way outside, I make them come back in the house, close both doors, and go out like "human beings".
    I have actually put holes in their play balls for throwing them in the house (after threatening to do so several times), and pushed a bike over the hill (we have woods behind the house) for fighting over it. I told them whoever went to get it got to ride it.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 11:57 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• My kids and nieces/nephews learn really quick that I'm not interested in getting to the bottom of things most of the time. If the kids are fighting over a toy and I didn't see it, I don't care who had it first, its getting put away. Its amazing how kids can work things out themselves when they figure out narking isn't going to do any good. They will time each other's "turns" or get more toys out...lol, its a great system.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 12:13 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• If my ds gets whiny for no reason, I tell him to go whine in his room and he can come back when he's done. It's usually enough to make his stop on the spot or it at least gets him outta my hair and off my nerves for a while.

For every toy he throws at his siblings, he has to go outside and bury it. He'll try to go back out and find it, but he doesn't know that I take it and throw it in the trash - don't know how long that one will last! :)
    Anonymous

• My 6 year old kicked me while I was pregnant throwing a tantrum. I got a huge poster board and wrote in a black marker "I kicked my pregnant Mommy" and made him hold it up in the yard. As people passed by they would stop and say Oh, you can't treat your mommy that way. He was so embarassed and ashamed after his 30 minutes were up that he never did it again.
    TexasStyle

Answer by TexasStyle at 2:09 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• When my dd was around 4/5yrs, she stole some candy from the store. I noticed it when we got home. I told her I had to call the police or they would take me to jail. I got on the phone and pretended to call. My conversation was something like: "My name is Tonya and my daughter, Brittney stole candy from Stephens Grocery. I was calling to let you know." By this time she was crying and saying she was sorry and she'd never do it again. I "relayed" the message, and asked if she promised never to do it again, that everything would be okay. She is now 21yrs. She has always remembered "Mom called the police on me." She has never stolen anything else. Ever! She was a teenager when she finally realized that I really didn't call.

zachsmom900

Answer by zachsmom900 at 5:57 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• first off, texas style, sooo funny.
    wackiest punishment had to be when i made my 4 year old bag stuff at the dollar store for 30 minutes to "pay" for the gum she had stolen. i got a bunch of crazy looks but there you have it.
    i've also made her "cook" dinner in the oven when she wouldn't eat so she could learn to appreciate the work it takes to make a meal.
    when i was pregnant and she talked back to me, i made her do my toenails. maybe mean, but i couldn't reach them and after she called me fat, i thought it was fair.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 10:59 PM on Oct. 27, 2008