Is there any mother's on here pregnant with a underweight baby?

I am 27 weeks and 4days and my last doc. vist they said my baby was small he was 1Lb 7oz and he needs to be atleast 2Lb.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It is very difficult for the doctors to actually tell how large the baby is. I was told my daughter would be 5 lbs at most and would probally have to stay at the hospital she was born 8 lbs 7 oz. So long as you are eating healthy I wouldn't worry to much about it.
    little.miss.mom

Answer by little.miss.mom at 10:14 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• well i was getting a sonagram done and that was my 2nd time going to get it cause the 1st time i went is to find out the sex of the baby and they asked me to come back because the baby was 7days underweight. Then i went back 4 weeks later like they asked and he was 5days underweight (didn't grow much) and he wont catch up. i am really hoping they are wrong and he will catch up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• He may catch up later on or is there the possibility that they are slightly off with your due date?
    little.miss.mom

Answer by little.miss.mom at 10:38 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I was told my baby would be about 7 lbs at the most, he was 8 lbs 3 oz. Don't believe everything a doctor says about the baby's weight.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 10:43 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• my baby was small. for me it was a problem with my kidneys that was keeping the baby small. they took him early he was small 5 lbs but normal in every other way
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 11:41 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Doctors can only guess how much your baby will weigh. Some women are scared into believing that they'll have a 10-pound baby, but the baby comes out at like six pounds. They can only guess according to your due date, so I wouldn't be too worried =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:50 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Yeah i was told id have small, small baby and he was 8lbs 3oz, my second was told that it might be only 7lbs and was 8lbs 7oz
    Anonymous