What is the earliest you have felt the need to wear maternity pants? - My jeans are loose but I can't wear a belt with them anymore cause it is so annoying on my stomach and when I sit down all pants annoy me! arrggh! I am only 5weeks... =(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• WITH THE FIRST IT WAS ABOUT 5 MTH, BUT WITH EACH CHILD AFTER THAT IT WAS SOONER (3-4 MTHS) I TIED A RUBBERBAND AROUND THE BOTTOM AND PUT IT THROUGH THE HOLE. THAT WAS A BIG HELP!
    JMaistros

Answer by JMaistros at 6:41 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Maybe about 5 months? I can't remember!!
    cacnotcam

Answer by cacnotcam at 2:11 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I was walking around with my pants undone at 10 weeks and in maternity pants (AKA sweat pants and pajama bottoms) at about 16 weeks.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 2:13 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I think I started wearing maternity panties around 12 weeks...maybe 14 but everyone changes differently. I took my best friend maternity clothes shopping at barely 10 weeks because her panties were cutting her circulation off and she looked 4 or 5 months preggers. She was really tiny pre pregnancy (104 pounds) so she got bigger faster because she has to gain more weight than adverage. Plus it's her second baby and many people show early with the second one because the uterus has been stretched before.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 3:00 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• when I was prego the first time I think it took a while til I started wearing maternity clothes, this time I have been ready for it the past 2 weeks (I am 10 wks tomorrow). Have the same thing as you with being uncomfortable feeling aynthing on my belly
    Janeeva2005

Answer by Janeeva2005 at 4:42 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• If you go to Motherhood Maternity or online and find this elastic belly band you will love it....in my opinion. I was able to wear some of my regular clothes up to 7 months. It fits comfortably around your waist or hips and you can leave your pants undone and they will not fall off. The only thing is that sometimes I had to pull them up and readjust but it was well worth it. I even wore it after my son was born. Here is a website that is just like it.

http://www.ingridandisabel.com/bellaband.html
    ntasha81

Answer by ntasha81 at 6:18 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I'm 8 weeks and on my second pregnancy. I'm thinking I have to switch to some maternity pants soon. My belly feels claustrophobic and it kinda makes me feel nauseous when it's restricted. Some pants I can still wear fine, but I'll be slowly switching over to the stretchy ones! :)
    Anna_2250

Answer by Anna_2250 at 10:42 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Ughh with my first I didn't wear them until I was about 5.5 months! This time around however I'm showing way sooner! I will probably have to go over into the maternity pants within the next few weeks. I am 11 weeks now and my normal pants are snug on my stomach and tend to annoy me.
    MamaShae2Mason

Answer by MamaShae2Mason at 1:22 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I was 5 mos or so.
    Sophiasmom119

Answer by Sophiasmom119 at 2:45 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I refuse to buy maternity clothes and just buy bigger sizes in the juniors department till I am big enough to just steal hubby's clothing.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 7:25 PM on Jun. 19, 2008