Should I be concerned about my weight?

I am 6 weeks preg. today. Haven't really been sick, but I've lost 4 lbs. in the last 2 weeks (since I found out). I had a slight complication and my doc. said to stop excersizing. Also, I feel like I've been eating more than I normally do. I am 5'7" and started at133. Now I'm at 129. Should I be concerned or is this normal? I lost a little weight with my first pregnancy, but it was later in the pregnancy....and I had been very sick. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I didn't lose weight with this pregnanct, but I'm a late gainer. With my son I weighed the same until I was about 6 months along. I'm now pregnant with twins and got fussed at for not gaining weight by 17 weeks. I'm now at 26 weeks and have put on about 20 pounds. The weight will come when it's time! If you keep losing though, I would definitely say to contact your doctor! That's what they are there for, to answer questions and calm fears! I love my doctor for that reason! I ask whatever questions I have and am completely open with her about any concerns I have! Good luck with the weight and try not to stress... that's not going to help either! =)
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 10:13 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• No your ok, your just 6weeks you will gain the weight later on the pregnancy. Make sure you eat well and take your pre.pills Good Luck!
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 10:14 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• nope ur ok ... i lost 15lbs within 3 months but gained it all back since i been on bed rest!! + some more
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 10:45 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• i lost alot of weight when i first got pregnant and didnt start gaining weight til i was about 7 months..so its ok unless ur doctor tells u something else
    s.bryant

Answer by s.bryant at 10:52 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• no not at all unless the doctor says so i didnt even gain weight until i was about 17 weeks along. and i friend of mine lost 15 lbs in the beginning of hers and then gained it at the end.
    kaszilynn88

Answer by kaszilynn88 at 11:22 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• my first pregnancy i started at 145lbs i am also 5'7" i stayed under 155 until i was 6m pregnant. i didnt exercise though. i just didnt eat much. i didnt start to show til then either.
    you should be fine. alot of women loose weight in the beginning and then again at the end.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• They don't start pushing weight gain until the second trimester, then and the third being when you should gain the bulk of your weight. A little weight loss during the first trimester is perfectly normal, and no doctor is going to be concerned unless it continues into the second.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:53 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• im 230 and still growing,
    i will tip over soon.

Your fine!

Anonymous

• You are totally fine. I lose weight during pregnancy. I'm almost 18wks and only in Oct. have I gained weight (3lbs).

Just keep healthy, eat when your hungry. Even if it's every hour for two weeks, and then only a few times a day after that.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 10:44 PM on Oct. 26, 2008