Which did your child master first?

Shapes, colors, alphabet, or numbers?

How old was your LO when they mastered it?

WomanWitty

Asked by WomanWitty at 2:40 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My kid knew to count to three before he was two, and learned to count to ten by 2 1/2, after which he learned all his ABC's and some colors and shapes as well as some animals and their sounds. He'll be three at the end of the year. ABC's are his favorite, though, he'd do that all day if I let him.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:11 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Colors, and almost 2
    lilma0608

Answer by lilma0608 at 2:50 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• hmm... idk exactly which my 2nd dd (3.5) mastered first, she's been learning about all of them at the same time, she's known her alphabet for about a year but just recently (last 4months or so) has been able to consistently say it fully and correctly. she's got numbers 1-10 down but sometimes says em in the wrong order or skips a few, and she is a PRO at colors and numbers and probably has been for the last year or even longer. She LOVES shapes actually and tries to find shapes or make shapes everywhere and out of everything :D
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 2:50 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• My 3 year old was saying his ABC's sounds, counting to 10 @ 2, he has since turned 3 & now can say his first & last name, count to 20, know all his shapes, & colors, and starting to add & subtract =) I'm so proud of him!!!
    ~*~Holli~*~
    MsWood729

Answer by MsWood729 at 3:36 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Colors were mastered at age 1, followed shortly after by shapes.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 3:48 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• colors, shape and then abc. she learn the colors and shapes by 2 and letters by 2 1/2
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 4:14 PM on Oct. 9, 2010