I know its early for Christmas...But what did you get your baby?

For their first Christmas...I am at a loss!
Black Friday is coming up and that is when I do all my shopping...But I have NO idea what to get him! My Momma is buying him a bouncy seat/swing. And I buy clothes every week...
He's going to be 6 months old. And he is very advanced for his age right now so I am assuming he will be still learning quickly.
I really like the idea of toys, books and dvds that can help him learn but still be fun. I just don't know of any good items that actually work.
Please help me out!

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 10:15 AM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• So far I have bought my daughter a handmade jewelry box for the handmade rind and bracelet her jewelry maker great-grandfather made her, and a handmade wooden stool that has block letters that spell her name (it helps them learn to spell their name, can be atime-out stool or potty training stool). I have picked a few toys, but since she will only be 5 months, I am trying to pick out meaningful items that will last her a long time. They outgrow toys so quickly and she will be pretty oblivious as to what is going on anyway.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 10:55 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I got him some blocks because although he will be too young to build he will not be too young to knock them down. I got him this thing that when you push the top things spin around on it. not sure what else we will do.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 11:37 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I my self by educational the most I can. Read up on you kids developmental milstones for the next 6 mo or so and by things that will help get him there
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 11:42 AM on Oct. 26, 2008