Jealous Mommas?

I've been noticing a lot of Mommas that kindda try to show eachother up...Ya know?
Like uh getting dressed up and randomly stoping by- when the other mom is in sweats and hasnt showered in days. Or braging about what their kid did. Or even giving advice for no freaking reason.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I make sure I shower and put on make up everyday, it's the only way I feel good and human. My neighbor actually seemed offended by it but I am by no means trying to show her up. A shower has always energized me and woke me up.
    The advise and "my kid is better" stuff will probably get a little worse in school. It is perfectly normal just dont let things get to you. Every child is unique and they all have different strengths and weaknesses. and one thing that works for one child will not work for another, you find that out pretty fast when you have more than one.
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 11:39 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• GET USED TO IT.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 10:34 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• my sister gets jealous,her baby is 10months mine is almost 5 and can do things her baby does.but as for me,im not jealous or try to dres up.if i dress up its for my hubby.but i know what ur talking about.my stepsons mom lies all the time to me.says she breastfeed her kids(hubbys kids) but she didnt.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:46 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I THINK ITS PEFECTLY NATURAL FOR A MOTHER TO BRAG ABOUT HER MOTHERING SKILLS OR HOW HER KIDS ARE DOING OR WHAT THEY ARE DOING.... OR EVEN GIVING ADIVCE ON WHAT WORKS FOR THEM!! IT DOESNT MEAN THEY ARE PUTTING YOU DOWN AS A MOTHER OR SAYING THEIR KIDS ARE BETTER THAN YOURS BUT OF CORSE EVERY MOTHER THINKS THEY HAVE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WONDERFUL SMARTEST BABIES IN THE WORLD... I AGREE WITH THE FIRST POST GET USED TO IT!! AND I HIGHLEY DOUBT THAT A MOTHER WOULD GO THROUGH THE TROUBLE OF GETTING ALL DOLLED UP AND COMMING OVER KNOWING THE OTHER MOM WOULD BE IN SWEATS JUST TO BE A BITCH IT MAKES ME FEEL GOOD TO GET ALL DOLLED UP JUST FOR ME WHEN I HAVE BEEN SITTING AROUND IT SWEATS FOR DAYS!! I WOULDNT TAKE ANY OF THESE THINGS PERSONALY ITS JUST MOTHERHOOD AND WE ARE ALL DOING OUR JOB AND WE DONT ALL DO IT THE SAME!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 11:21 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I agree with scaredmommy08. Don't take it personally. I try not to brag too much about my baby, but, damn, its hard. I do have the most beautiful wonderful smartest baby, after all. *sarcasm*.... Also, if I actually find the time to shower, do my hair, and put someting decent on, I really hate to waste it at home alone. And your friend surely doesn't care if you are wearing HER regular at home uniform, right?
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 11:33 AM on Oct. 26, 2008