How can I make my 15 month old listen to me again

I'm tiered of hiding every little thing that she's not allowed to play with (remote controls, cd's, pens, books, closets...), but "no" and "don't do that" doesn't work anymore. It does when we at friend's, then she listens and I'm so proud. But at home ... Keeping her busy works sometimes, but I want to teach her that certain thing are not for her to play. HOw can I do this? Please help. Winter is on the way, we'll be inside much more and I don't want to go nuts. It is frustrating for her aswell, I noticed.
Thanks!

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 10:30 AM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Instead of saying no and using negativity, try redirecting her with something she can play with and when you see her playing with one of her toys, praise her. Be calm and don't get frustrated if you see her playing with your stuff, just say this is mommy's toy, here's your toy, and hand her one of her toys.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 2:33 PM on Oct. 26, 2008