how horriable is it that my curtins, and bed stuff and EVERYTHING in my room doesnt match?

Asked by stepho345 at 3:02 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Home & Garden

• If it bothers you, and you can afford some paint and to borrow a sewing machine (unless you have one), I would decide on a color that you DO like, and paint the furniture you have, and with the sewing machine, sew two regular sheets together like a large pillow case to make a duvet cover, and stuff it with your current bedding! Look for inexpensive sheet sets in the clearance section of places like Bed, Bath and Beyond or JC Penney! Do the same to make simple pillow cases and curtains! Or go to a discount fabric store and buy a pretty fabric to "pull" your bedroom together!

Often it's the little things that make the biggest impact! :o)

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:50 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• When I first left my husband I had NOTHING that matched. I left and did not take anything. All of my furniture was either given to me by friends and family or bought used at thrift stores or yard sales.
    I called my style eclectic. It may have not been the most fashionable, but it was functional.

Answer by layh41407 at 3:05 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I used functional stuff. Curtains kept the nosey neighbors from looking in and a blanket kept me warm.

Answer by dancer at 3:07 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• That doesn't bother me. I know my MIL is very picky when it comes to towels for the bathroom. I on the other hand, as long we all have our own I don't care if it matches the bathroom.

Answer by Shell89 at 3:08 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Why would that be Horrible?! As long as you like it; that's all that matters! Alot of decorating is Mixed- Matched:)

Answer by daisyb at 3:07 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Who's going to see it except you and your husband?

Answer by GinNTonic at 3:15 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Hey, I don't even HAVE curtains and my bed spread is an afghan my MIL made... :0)

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:19 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• It's fine! Someday it will match if that is important to you.

Answer by mompam at 3:35 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I say who gives a flying rip.

Answer by cutebaby06 at 3:36 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Oh it's a tragedy!

Yeah, totally kidding. Who cares if it doesn't match? I don't even have a curtain for my bedroom. All of our furniture is hand-me-down (with the exception of the mattress & bedding) and doens't match. I don't care. It does its job.