Vtech V.Reader vs. Fisher-Price iXL reviews

We had decided that the Vtech V.Reader would be a great gift for our soon to be 4 year old son, but now I'm having second thoughts about it. Instead we we've are thinking about going w/ the Fisher-Price iXL (it's not on the recall list). Reason being is b/c it's a 6-in-1 gaming system & does all the same things the Vtech V.Reader does plus more. So I wanted to get some advice from you Ladies on which syste you think is BEST & why. y son LOVE to read, he's so out grown his Vtech Bugsby system we got him & that was just last year. The Walmart here has both systems out, but everytime we go there's so many kids over there playing around w/ it that we never get a chance during our visits. He seems to like both of them from looking at the commercials that come on TV about them, just trying to get a more reviews from Moms I trust before I (we) go out & buy either one. Any & all help is appreciated =)

MsWood729

Asked by MsWood729 at 3:33 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Holidays

• bumpHere's a bump for ya!!!

bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 3:38 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• i haven't heard of the fisher price one, but those sound like something my daughter would be interested in.
    Kainalu55

Answer by Kainalu55 at 7:29 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• hahaha I've been asking myself the same thing! I'm not sure what the V.Reader does really, besides read to the kids. The iXL looks neat though. The 6 features look awesome! There is also the Leapster Explorer, it looks cool, too.... Sooo many choices! lol
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 12:39 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• This is so fuuny its like hearing myself talk. I have been wondering the same thing. I have compared both the v tech and the fisher price 1 x L and like yourself I'm torn. I want to get it for Xmas. I even went and did a v tech vs fisher price review to see what I would come up with. I've also checked a couple of stores like target, walmart and toy r us and the reviews it has gotten by consumers. Ive come to the conclusion that both readers are good it just depends on what you want for your child and what you think will captivate and entertain them more, I have a 4 1/2 year old girl and can say for myself at least that I am being pulled more towards the Fisher Price reader. LIke you said before, this reader has a lot more options than just read. My daughter would love the music part of it and its great that she can read, practice letters, play games draw, etc. I think this would be a better choice for her . Hope this help
    Yaenis

Answer by Yaenis at 12:39 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Ive been comparing and contrasting the two myself...I had a vsmile and wasn't happy with it's perfomance as far as quality wise. So i'm wondering if the Vtech reader would let me down being that it's the same company. I also like the 6 features with the fisher price one. At our walmart I did not see the different books/games you could buy for the fisher price one but they had all the books for the vtech one. I'm also looking into the LeapFrog one. I love Leap Frog they are a great learning tool, so many decisions so hard to say....in the end I'm sure whatever I end up getting will be great for a month or so, then they won't even mess with it!! Go figure right! Good luck ladies with your final choice!
    Starbucksbabe83

Answer by Starbucksbabe83 at 4:04 PM on Nov. 14, 2010