Is there??

Any medications over the counter I can get to help get pregnant?

NO RUDE comments please. I've been trying for 9 months now... and tried taking and ovulation test. Don't work.... I'm on the next step. I'm going to be talking to my doctor about Clomid which Ive been doing my homework on for the last 4 months.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Have you tried charting? It will tell you if you are even ovulating. Also, do you notice about 2 weeks before your period if you have a really wet discharge? This means that you are fertile. It keeps sperm alive long enough to reach the egg.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:47 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• do you take prenatal vitamins? they have them over the counter. other than that whatever the dr prescribes you.. good luck
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 3:48 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• how many times are your trying? If you are over doing it (like once or more a day) it could be effecting both your bodies. (Like expelling too much sperm causing a lower sperm count, or over stressing your body).

So try to cut back to maybe once every other day instead. Trying having him take some folic acid vitamins (can also increase sperm count). Aside from that, it's only been 9 months. Relax, maybe take a nice weekend to just regroup your senses and try again.

As for OTC meds to help fertility, I'm not sure there are any besides tracking your ovulation with the tests, and checking your temp. I think dr.s like to be sure there is for sure a problem before prescribing anything.

Either way, best of luck, and remember, it's only been 9 months, it'll happen when you least expect it, so relax and enjoy your time together :).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:52 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• 9 months is only half the time it takes for a perfectly healthy couple to conceive. it can take up to a year and a half for people with no issues. Some fertility docs won't even see you if it hasn't been over a year or two. But since you asked Vitamin E, B6, manganese, selenium, and zinc. (Most of which are in prenatals so go ahead and use them) Eat carrots, bananas,pomegranate, figs. Cumin and Dong Quai herbs will also help promote conception.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 4:50 PM on Oct. 9, 2010