i am so hurt!

My Husband left me for another woman over a year ago. She is so much better looking than me. I feel i will never go out again because that is the worst feeling to be left for someone more attractive. we were together 15 years. I am 45. who is gonna want to stay with me when my own husband can't stand to look at me. By the way, i didn't gain weight or anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Relationships

• Don't blame yourself for this you need to make your self hot go out and find a man that will put your husband to shame I am sure that you are hurt but don't blame yourself and I am sure she is not better than you if she had to hook up with a married man.
    mominneed88

Answer by mominneed88 at 10:43 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I can understand that you are hurt, but don't put yourself down, don't give him that power or satisfaction. If he is stupid enough to throw 15 years down the drain I say F@*& him. Now it's time to take care of yourself. Go pamper yourself, go to the spa, get your hair nail and feet done. buy a new outfit or thirty and go out on the town, either by yourself or grab a couple of girlfriends and have a girls night out dancing and having fun. You are worthy of happiness don't let him steal your joy. Remember real beauty comes from within I know it cliche, but it's true. Keep your head up and show the b@5tard what he is missing.
    mom2gavahnyaand

Answer by mom2gavahnyaand at 11:02 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Oh honey just go find a younger man, they love older women and I'm sure that would crush the ex. And it's gonna be all kinds of fun for you. (wink wink)
    samantha_dawn

Answer by samantha_dawn at 11:24 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• No one's marriage falls apart because someone better looking comes along. If that were the case, no marriage would be safe because there is always someone prettier, sexier, wittier. Chances are if he was going to leave, it could have been anyone. You are sill feeling burned and hurt. It will take some time - especially because you were so betrayed.I think running out to find another man when you are feeling bad will only accomplish one thing - making you feel worse. Focus on getting your life together and finding happiness again.

Being happy and confident is the best thing you can do for yourself to become radiant again.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 11:39 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I doubt if he left over looks. I'm guessing he decided there was incompatibility so there is nothing to feel badly about, looks wise. Build up your confidence in yourself and what you have to offer any relationship. That is what attracts men. This guy did you a favor. You see now that he's not the staying kind of man so he freed you up to find the right person for you. I know you are hurt over this but when you can change your attitude to something more positive then men will be attracted to you and things will be better again. Men feel your negative vibes. If you don't like you then why should they...sort of thing. Keep in mind that sometimes ppl do grow apart so his leaving didn't have anything to do with your looks. Find yourself again. Accentuate your positives and downplay anything you think are negatives and you will be on top again. Your self esteem took a serious punch. Now build it back up. Believe in yourself.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:33 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Hi Sweetheart,
    I have been divorced for over 6yrs now and have yet to have a man express interest.I am 48 and starting to become discouraged I will ever be in a relationship again.I talk to Jesus and try to find other areas like art to persue but it gets hard sometimes.Please don't be constantly looking for a man and live your life.I read a book one time by a lady author and she said to live your life when you're single as if you will remain single.Your ex will regret what he has done,but whatever you do NEVER put yourself down,beauty truly is more than a womans looks.You do what makes you feel good and don't believe the lies that the devil is telling you.
    DawnSea

Answer by DawnSea at 4:23 PM on Oct. 26, 2008