What kind of Music will you NOT play around your child?

AugustMidge

Asked by AugustMidge at 3:42 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• I will play any kind of music as long as it is not violent or demeaning. Some language is okay. They know what they are and are not allowed to say as children even in music. WE 90% of the time listen to Sirius XM Kids Place Live with them though.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:43 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• since they are learning to speak, we dont let them listen to anything demeaning or with cursing...and that is from any genre
    MomX3LJC

Answer by MomX3LJC at 4:06 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I won't let my son listen to anything that has obscene expressions/stories and/or bad language.
    jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 4:21 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• We mostly listen to country music anyway. My son loves it just as much as we do. I will not allow any sort of rap or screaming hard rock.
    CarlyCo

Answer by CarlyCo at 3:51 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Either Rap or Country.
    Everything else is okay.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 3:53 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• lol @gertie "country"....

My son is only 3 1/2, I don't really restrict him from music, he doesn't listen to it for the words we are to busy dancing around.. when he is older I will not let him listen to "gangster rap" but hip hop and r &b music have th best beats to dance too.
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 4:01 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• RAP!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 4:12 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• My son is 4, and I won't play anything that has very easy to understand foul language in the lyrics, because he picks up on stuff like that and repeats it.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 4:15 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• We listen to a lot of the NOW cds because they use the radio edits of the songs.I like such an eclectic mix of music, so there isn't one thing they are not allowed to listen to, I just try to find it in the most kid friendly way possible. They won't get exposed to country, I am not a fan. Pop music is the easiest thing usually to play around the kids, though
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 4:59 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• No vulgar, demeaning, rude or cussing
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 6:38 PM on Oct. 9, 2010