My girlfriend and I are thinking about having a baby. What is the best sperm bank?

We are a lesbian couple and have decided that a sperm bank is the best option for us. We have looked into alot of different sperm banks and wanted "real people's " oppinions on which sperm bank is the best and why! Any help would be wonderful! Thanks!

SheLovesMeToo

Asked by SheLovesMeToo at 3:49 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I gave you a bump because I don' t know anything about sperm banks.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 3:56 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Id find an ob or specialist you trust and let them refer you to your best so you do the easy part but then know you'll get a good bank are you doing iui or ivf? Good luck
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 4:10 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Since the odds of getting PG from insemination are not awesome I know a lot of couple will inseminate both women to increase their chances. I don't know much about banks though. Just wanted to throw that out there in case you hadn't considered it.
    Anonymous

• We plan on trying it at home the first time. I have an appt with an ob on Monday and will discuss it then. We have considered both of us trying at the same time, but are afraid that we would both get pregnant at the same time! That could be bad! lol I really want to be the first to carry a child. If it doesn't work out for me, we will try her. :)
    SheLovesMeToo

Comment by SheLovesMeToo (original poster) at 4:17 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I have a daughter who has been trying to do this with a sperm bank, they are very expensive and after at least 6 tries nothing!!! she even had it injected directly into the uterus by a doctor and no luck yet! but she is not giving up, just slowing down, but with a teachers salary is draining!! Please let me know if it works for you guys, I am always here and would love to hear how your endeavour turned out.  Sending baby dust your way, and wishing tons of luck!

Answer by older at 4:29 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• You two sound very much like my daughter and her partner, they both want to experience giving birth but it is easier said than done!

Answer by older at 4:30 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Bumped ya!

Answer by older at 4:31 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• No idea but here is a bump and a good luck!
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 5:21 PM on Oct. 9, 2010