How can I make teething better for my child?

new_mommy061707

Asked by new_mommy061707 at 10:52 AM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Health

• My friend told me to use vanilla extract as a natural alternative to orajel. She has two kids and swears by it. I tried it on my daughter and she liked it and stopped crying right away. She didn't have any bad reactions and we have done it a few times. Just put a drop on your finger and rub it across baby's gums where the teeth are coming through.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 10:57 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• PERSONALLY, I FREEZE PACI'S, OFFER TYLENOL AND HURRICAIN GEL OR LET HER CHEW ON A FROZEN WASH RAG
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 10:56 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• teething rings, or you can put fruit, or baby food in ice cube trays and freeze it then put it in one of those things that are made my gerber (i think) they look like mesh bags and let her chew on it, or you can freeze a washcloth and let her chew on it and also teething tablets are much better than oragel..i also bought a gum massager for my DD and it seemed to work well. Good Luck!
    chloe_romano

Answer by chloe_romano at 11:08 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• My son does very well when getting teeth. He just got 2 teeth in yesterday. All I did was put orajel on his gums once yesterday right before he went to sleep & he was being fussy. You can also try Tylenol or like the other poster said get the safe feeder mesh thing from walmart & put some crushed ice in it. Let her chew on everything, even blankets or washcloths. That's all my son would chew on, he hated teethers. Just don't get her use to chewing on your finger. We did that with our son & now he draws blood.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 12:46 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• you can also try teething tablets they work wonders
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 4:25 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I did use a pacfier....I dont agree with given drugs etc...but I also used to give some homeopathy treatment which worked instantly.

Now hes older...11 months..he seems to moan but is doing ok with his teething. He usually bites on a cold carrot or I give him cucumber..he loves taking the cucumber around the room and chomping on it.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 5:50 PM on Oct. 26, 2008